Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am, socked in at beautiful Halifax, and it's sleeting sideways right now. Now I know why you guys don"t drive your challengers up here in the winter. No way I would break my machine out in this mess. All in all though, as many time as I've been here, I love visiting. The people and food are great. Next stop, Scottland...if we can take off tonight...weather permitting..lols!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Locked Away

Ha that sounds nasty...yes, for the most part we lock them away, out of Mother Nature's winter grasp. Now, if she would only let go so we can dig them out! Mine is in a farm building (farm animals long gone :)), with a foot of snow in front of the door. Should be mobile in about three weeks...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Feel for you

Feel for you, it is going to be sunny and 10c here on Saturday so I am heading
to the drag track to make some passes in my new 392... :)

Can't wait for morning

·
Registered
236 Posts
Over here in Quebec(Montreal area), the snow is almost all gone. The roads are still dirty though and we probably have the worst pot holes in North America.

Still, we've had some beautiful sunny days and we can feel it's getting warmer, this sunday is supposed to be 10 degrees outside and sunny.

I'm getting my Challenger out of storage tomorow.... :)))) But won't be driving it to work until 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
You have not been around the city enough lol. I know of at least 8 Challengers driven all winter and I know one is a DY Classic(only one in the city and one of only 3 in the province) and a HO Classic black stripe (only one in the city). Here is a picture of them getting ready to leave the dealer on April 30 last year mine is the orange one.

and here it is after it's mid winter cleaning (crappy iphone pic).

It has cost me a small fourtune keeping it clean it gets washed daily and I think in total there was only 4 or 5 days that it was to cold to wash it and I am pleased how well it came thru winter. It's almost summer rim time and by next weekend I hope to be fully detailed for the nice weather I am betting we are going to see in the coming weeks (I hope lol).
Hope you enjoyed your stay here in HRM sorry the weather did not agree with your travel day you missed it by 1 yeaterday it was 10 deg and sunny typical sping Nova Scotia weather lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Pot Holes...

Charger69 - are your pot holes the worst in a long time, or what?? Ours are unbelievable...local radio station ran a 'City-supplied Pot Hole DIY repair Kit' promo on April Fools...radio station and City Hall took alot of calls from angry people who did not want to fix their own...HILARIOUS!

We have a few winter-driven Challengers here, but the vast majority are squirrled away. Perhaps next weekend the Purple Beast will return? (I could push it a bit, but, pot hole repair kits slow to materialize :thumbsup:)... Zeb

·
Registered
726 Posts
x

Well here I am, socked in at beautiful Halifax, and it's sleeting sideways right now. Now I know why you guys don"t drive your challengers up here in the winter. No way I would break my machine out in this mess. All in all though, as many time as I've been here, I love visiting. The people and food are great. Next stop, Scottland...if we can take off tonight...weather permitting..lols!
Enjoy your trip to Scotland. I have some cousins who will keep you... as long as you buy the drinks. My mom was from Edinburgh, lovely country and COLD AS HELL!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Over here in Quebec(Montreal area), the snow is almost all gone. The roads are still dirty though and we probably have the worst pot holes in North America.

Still, we've had some beautiful sunny days and we can feel it's getting warmer, this sunday is supposed to be 10 degrees outside and sunny.

I'm getting my Challenger out of storage tomorow.... :)))) But won't be driving it to work until 2-3 weeks.
outbound Mercier bridge holy hell et le crissssss de Turcot :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Michigan here....However Camp Canada was set up at Spring Fest 6 in Cali this past week...Great guys,Hockey sticks and all.
Canadians roll hardcore,all great guys!!

YouTube - The Trailer Park Boys tpb's rickyisms.
YouTube - Trailer park boys Ricky and Juilian ripping off meat
YouTube - Trailer Park Boys Have another drink ..Rips off car door..
Great post The Boys just Rock!
As a Canuck they do us proud,trailer parks in the Maritimes are just like this to the tee,to anybody reading this buy all of the seasons on DVD youll laugh your a$$ off for hours,the episode of J-Rocks crib party OMG just too funny:thumbsup: post more of the boys from you tube!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Michigan here....However Camp Canada was set up at Spring Fest 6 in Cali this past week...Great guys,Hockey sticks and all.
Canadians roll hardcore,all great guys!!
http://
Notsure - I saw you reference the Canadian crew in the SF6 thread you wrote...the boys from the North must have had impact!! Perhaps more of us will make the trek next year... Zeb

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It looks like we have some TPB fans here lol. Here is a few pics of the set just a few mins from my place a few years back. I still find it hard to believe that 2 local school mates JP Tremblay (Julian) and Robb Wells (Ricky) have become household names lol. I was good friends with the shows writter/producer/director (Mike Clattenburg) back in highschool we also worked together at the local grocery store for many years I guess I should of stayed in touch lol (just kidding Mike). I still can't believe how much of a cult following this show has had I at first found it hard to watch but after watching the first few shows of the 2nd season I was hooked just like the rest of you. I was able to see lots of tapings and it seemed every summer you could not help but run into them taping all over the city I am not sure who made Cole Harbour more famous lol the TPB or Sidney Crosby.

And here a shot of what use to be the big white barn that some of you might remember from one of the episodes across the street. It is/was red thanks in part to the TPB production crew who paid $7500 to shoot the one scene from that show it help to pay to paint this big barn.

I shoot that pic in Aug of last year and never got back for some better shoots but as of a few weeks ago I guess the pics I got will be the best I am going to get.

·
Registered
714 Posts
C'est généralisé. I'm from the south shore and it's the same...lol
Just make sure to pack a lifejacket in your car for when the bridge falls in the water :(

I am not sure who made Cole Harbour more famous lol the TPB or Sidney Crosby.
TPB for sure, everyone loves Sidney but we don't know where the hell he is from, maybe Cape Breton from his name :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts