Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Can't find INVOS anywhere...what else? 275\40\20

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  HemiSam 
#1 ·
Annoyed, my rear F1's are almost totally gone, and apparently INVOs are backordered...well for a long long time according to discount tire direct and the local shops, so pretty annoyed with Nitto considering I was going to switch to them.

What else would perform like them? The shop has NT05s but mine is a daily driver...the INVO was perfect, but they don't have that, any suggestions on what to get? The 275\40\20 Invos were 215$ a pop...

#2 ·
The NT05, which I'm running, is a pretty good tire but the wear rating (way soft) isn't great. It's a bit noisy also if you simply want a good all around tire. The INVO's were SO much better than the RSA's, it wasn't funny. I'm surprised they're back ordered. My friend just got a sent in the last month or so at our local Discount Tire. I'd suggest calling around some more.

HemiSam

#4 ·
Well the guy at discount tire called about 8 other suppliers...apparently Nitto just isn't making any right now, I'd go for a 295\40\20 KDW G-Force, would that be ok with my 245\40\20 fronts? That way I'd have plenty of tread on the ground, but how would you compare a 295\40\20 Gforce to a 275\40\20 Invo in traction?

#5 ·
I've only driven the INVO's but I hear good things on the G-Forces. I don't like mixing tires because I like driving to the limits on them occasionally when off the track and I'm afraid it won't end well.

Have you tried calling other DT's in the area or using the web to try and source your tires? If they show in stock, pick up the phone and call to confirm so you don't get some back order story before you press the button...have the check the warehouse.

Other option is to change all four to BFG's and hang on to the INVO's in the front until you change again and then go back to the INVO's allowing back order time for the rears.

HemiSam

#6 ·
I have Hankook V-12's in the front, I'll always be running mixed with those in the front but they are just wicked for cornering, so I think i'mma check out the 295\40\20s, the look is incredible and they would last way longer than the Invo's anyway

#7 ·
A friend keeps going on about the Vredsteins. You might look into those also. Don't look on their site for fitments. plug in the name and the size you're looking for and do a search. There are more sizes available than their site indicates.

Good luck!

HemiSam

#8 ·
go with the verds they are a awesome tire, but to answer your question the 295 will work fine if your lowered you may rub the plastic liner

#13 · (Edited)
Well, hit a stone wall again, 295\40\20's g-forces are back ordered just like the INVO, running on bald f1s and can't even find a decent replacement....not even sure what to do now, any advice would be appreciated as I am trying to get this done asap due to having bald rear tires, but no place seems to have ANYTHING my Challenger needs in stock, they were also saying a 295\40\20 on a 9" wheel (SRT rim) will have severe un-even contact, and that basically one part will be totally worn down, but the shoulder part not at all...ugh, pretty sucky owning a car that I can't even select good tires for

#14 ·
My discount tire mounted 275's on my 8" chrome clads and I had no such wear issues. You'll be fine with 295's on 9" rims. The rub is that the Camaro and Mustang guys are running the same tires we are and they have some serious production numbers. Suggest you take a look at the Vredstein's that Jeff's had a lot of luck with or a Pirelli (pricey) if you don't have choices. I'm not a fan of the Toyo's but I believe they make a tire for us as well.

lastly, you could pick up a take-off set of F1's to get you over the hump and order your tire allowing a month or two for backlogs.

HemiSam

#19 ·
Moes Performance had the best prices :)
the tread patter on Jeff's photos should give it away. When I looked about a year ago, I searched the web. So google Vredsteins in the size you're looking for and you should get some hits of places that sell them.

Once you line up what you're looking for, call DT with that and the best price and see if they can help you out.

HemiSam
Ultrac Sessanta here's a link they have more sizes available and like I said Moe's Performance had the best price
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires

I said screw it, i'm on secondary rubber on the rears and the veldrens are more expensive than the 275\40\20 N05 nitto, so I just went with that as there are only 2 left (one is coming from ohio, and one is coming from arizona) hopefully these tires won't spoil me next time I buy as I'll want ones that last longer....
good choice in tire but if you are looking for longer tread life the Verds will give you that compared to the NT05 4500 miles on mine and half gone already the fronts a good but the rears getting low :smokin:

#16 ·
the tread patter on Jeff's photos should give it away. When I looked about a year ago, I searched the web. So google Vredsteins in the size you're looking for and you should get some hits of places that sell them.

Once you line up what you're looking for, call DT with that and the best price and see if they can help you out.

HemiSam

#17 ·
I said screw it, i'm on secondary rubber on the rears and the veldrens are more expensive than the 275\40\20 N05 nitto, so I just went with that as there are only 2 left (one is coming from ohio, and one is coming from arizona) hopefully these tires won't spoil me next time I buy as I'll want ones that last longer....

#21 ·
Jeff's in the best position to speak to the difference between the Vred's and the NT05's so I'll let him chime in. I've had the NT05's for a few thousand miles and Jeff and I are blown, so it's clear the rears aren't gonna last....LOL! If you're conservative with the happy pedal, yeah OK. But once you get a taste of going sideways, hard to pass up...

My NT05's are pretty good in the rain but not nearly as good as the INVO's. They are noisier than the INVO's as well. I did have a problem with my 275's up front cracking and DT worked with Nitto to replace them. They weren't cracking along the manufacturing seam either...I'd never seen anything like it and neither had Discount Tire...bizarre. I ran the second set at the Texas Mile and no problem.

HemiSam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.