Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my brother in law passed this past weekend and he owned a 2009 challenger. The battery died sometime this week and we can't pop the trunk, no biggie we'll use the emergency latch....but it's broken.

What can I do? we have to relocate the car soon and we don't know what to do.

Thanks

EDIT
Turns out I had the story wrong, the car doesn't have a battery hooked up. They were in the process of changing the battery when the trunk closed on them

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hook battery charger or jumper cables up to jump points under the hood, wait a few minutes then the trunk button should work.

Reactions: Secrets4bidden

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hook battery charger or jumper cables up to jump points under the hood, wait a few minutes then the trunk button should work.

Turns out I had the story wrong, the car doesn't have a battery hooked up. They were in the process of changing the battery when the trunk closed on them. Would this method still work?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,273 Posts
I recently had my battery disconnected when I was installing my cam. My dumb butt closed the trunk and I had parts stored in there. Grabbed my little 12V (5AH) battery from my lawnmower and connected it to the jumper posts under the hood and it allowed me to pop open the trunk. Although there was a member here a while back were this did not work. Never understood why as wiring diagrams showed it should work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fold the rear seats, reach through and pull the internal release . . . been there, done exactly that while converting the electrics to run UK spec turn signals etc

Of course, someone's going to tell me an 09 doesn't have folding seats . . .

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,273 Posts
Fold the rear seats, reach through and pull the internal release . . . been there, done exactly that while converting the electrics to run UK spec turn signals etc

Of course, someone's going to tell me an 09 doesn't have folding seats . . .
Um OP said the emergency latch is broken so you can scratch the fold the rear seats.

Honestly why even climb in the back when you can try applying 12V to the jumper posts under the hood?

·
Registered
149 Posts
oops. Managed to forget that bit between reading it and getting to the bottom ;)

With the aid of a torch, you'd be able to see what to pull to open it still I reckon.

It was easier for me that dragging another battery out and jump leads.

As for why - the laughter effect of those stood outside watching you try to worm your way through :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts