Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RT with the newer UConnect 4, 7"touchscreen.

I called UCONNECT and they say they don't deal with this radio I have to call Serious XM/Guardian to register.
I call them and they say no, it's through UConnect, I go back and forth and neither one says they can register me!!??

They keep telling me I need the button on the bottom of my mirror which I don't have........my window sticker clearly states "UCONNECT 4 "7" touchscreen.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
I have a 2018 RT with the newer UConnect 4, 7"touchscreen.

I called UCONNECT and they say they don't deal with this radio I have to call Serious XM/Guardian to register.
I call them and they say no, it's through UConnect, I go back and forth and neither one says they can register me!!??
Take it back to the dealer, have them fix the problem...if they can. To activate XM you must go through Sirius.

I registered my 2015 headunit via the web

https://www.driveuconnect.com/uconnectaccess/registration-container/register-by-web.html

which then allowed me to register on mopar connect

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html

I never contacted Sirius but apparently my contact info made it to them (I am guessing from uconnect registration). They called me 3 months after I bought my car and asked how I like the trial radio service. I said I never had service and they told me to go to the car and they would reset the radio over the air...which they did and it worked.

How did you try to initially register the radio just through the phone?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I have to go back to the dealer.

I tried registering through my radio.
When I hit that UConnect button at the middle bottom of the screen there's nothing that says anything about registering?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Guess I have to go back to the dealer.

I tried registering through my radio.
When I hit that UConnect button at the middle bottom of the screen there's nothing that says anything about registering?
So you don't see Uconnect Register in apps? I wonder if you do a factory reset (hold the up and down temperature arrows for several seconds at the same time and scroll to reset to factory default)?

Do you see a 3G on the uconnect icon? If not then the unit is not talking to uconnect and they need to reset your radio.

I would just take it to the dealer. Although for Sirius XM you have to go through Sirius for activation.

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Isn’t technology great?????????
Remember when cars were cars and not rolling computers?
Make the dealer do it, why get aggravated. I don’t activate any of that crap on my vehicles.
I have never turned on my wipers, my washers, heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear window defogger, Bluetooth, CD player, stored anything in the radios hard drive, performance pages and anything else. Other than power windows and air conditioning I don’t bother.
Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Reactions: CtheW0rld

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sirius XM radio is working, I just can't register the UConnect.....I'll try the dealer.

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts
If he wants to register Uconnect? You do that with Uconnect. And that address leads to the register by web instructions, and tells you how?

A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Men are terrible at reading instructions. I hardy ever do :rofl: I was about to register mine, but then I remembered they have to replace the whole unit. Might as well wait. The XM is already on, but it came with a one year subscription included.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Hmm, could the headunit still be in some sort of dealer mode? Was browsing through my 2015 service manual and ran across a new vehicle preparation procedure which is different to the secret dealer screen access I have seen that is done through the up & down driver climate buttons.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts