Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

When I connect my iPhone to the USB jack on the front of my car's radio, I cannot transfer my music to the hard drive. The icon for the media jack never becomes selectable. Is there something I should know? All the car's literature suggests that this is possible with an iPhone. I've also tried to do this using the USB jack in the armrest to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob:notallthere:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The music on your ipod/iphone is protected and can not be transfered. You have to use a USB stick and transfer the music to the USB stick from your computer then to the car.

One more thing - make sure the meta data on each song is correct or you're going to be in for a unpleasant surprise when you have mislabel songs, songs in the wrong directory/folder or duplicate folders because you spelled van hallen - Van Hallen or VanHallen or Van hallen..... There are free win/mac applications that can check your library and fix the meta data embedded into the mp3 files. Just use google there are plenty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
do you have access to the mp3s files?

If so, I copied around 15GB of music to a usb western digital hard disk.
connect it to the usb port, and it copies your MP3 content on to the 30GB hard disk of the NAV.

If the music is on your iPhone, you can download a 3rd party application to copy the content from the iPhone to your PC (I do this on a MAC :)).
then copy the content to a USB thumb drive or a USB hard disk.
then it should copy over smoothly.

If the files are in the default AAC format. Once you log into iTunes, you can convert the files to MP3 format, so they will be seen by the NAV unit.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Will give the HD method a try.

R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts