Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting until September to order my new 2009 Challenger. After a long struggle with my wife I have to opt for the Challenger R/T 5.7l Hemi :(

That's ok because I had a 70 challenger with the 318 which was wayold and rusted - I will be happy to be rolling down the street in the new one.

I have my color picked out for sure!!!!!! Black with Grey leather inteels and 20'' wh!!!!!!

I only wish three things:

1) I could opt for the super heavy duty radiator

2) The functional hood

3) the beter brakes

I am fine with the HP and am Sure that there will be bolt ons to up the HP?

I am stoked for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

PS anyone know what plans there are for bolt ons to pump up the R/T

·
Registered
144 Posts
Grats! 73 Challenger was my first car so I am excited as well. Some parts are already available, buying an 09 is the ultimate because the 300M, Magnum and Charger have provided plenty of aftermarket parts, its simply a matter of minor modification and\or seeing what parts bolt right up from the distributors. By the time 09's are released, there should be plenty! I think there will be plenty of toys for us thanks to the previous gen cars. I have seen a supercharger here already and other items that should bolt onto any Hemi. Good times!

·
Super Moderator
13,701 Posts
I am waiting until September to order my new 2009 Challenger. After a long struggle with my wife I have to opt for the Challenger R/T 5.7l Hemi :(

That's ok because I had a 70 challenger with the 318 which was wayold and rusted - I will be happy to be rolling down the street in the new one.

I have my color picked out for sure!!!!!! Black with Grey leather inteels and 20'' wh!!!!!!

I only wish three things:

1) I could opt for the super heavy duty radiator

2) The functional hood

3) the beter brakes

I am fine with the HP and am Sure that there will be bolt ons to up the HP?

I am stoked for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

PS anyone know what plans there are for bolt ons to pump up the R/T

Don't sweat the SRT "functional" hood. The air inlets only blow cooler air over the engine. It is not a ram air set-up. You will be better off buying a MOPAR CAI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts