Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on an epic cruise yesterday (Drove a total of 480 miles, but only about 60 of those were the cruise itself). Challengers, Chargers, Mustangs, Camaros...

Enjoy! :)

Here's the group shot I took at one of the stops.

Some other pics from that same stop...

Another stop earlier in the cruise, crappy cell phone pics...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow... Looks like fun. I hope I can do something like that one day. I just never have any time. I just go from work to the kids, then play with the car for a few hrs. I think I will try something like that this summer.

Very Nice Pics.....

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... Looks like fun. I hope I can do something like that one day. I just never have any time. I just go from work to the kids, then play with the car for a few hrs. I think I will try something like that this summer.

Very Nice Pics.....
Definitely worth doing, though for most cruises I don't have to drive that much or that far. :) First step is to find a local club, or even some local owners interested in hanging out. Check around for weekly/monthly car shows or meetups in your area, hang out for an hour or two and get to know folks...from there it's just a matter of time before you're out cruising, as time permits. :) I have similar time constraints (kid's soccer), but since this was a Sunday it wasn't an issue and I took our youngest with me while my wife and our other daughter did Girl Scout cookie booth sales. :D

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That Black Challenger on the far left in the first photo looks like it is ready to eat that gray camaro next to him.
Haha, well that Camaro meant business. SS with a supercharger. :)

Looks like fun was had by all.......... where is this?
This was the route we did, starting in Bakersfield, CA. Due to the weather we were able to do the cruise all the way to the end, going over the mountain crosses 6,000ft and there was snow as seen in the video (I had a little fun in the corner. :D)

Route of the cruise...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sonic+Drive-In,+1227+Olive+Dr,+Bakersfield,+CA+93308/35.716422,-118.727499/35.746899,-118.585714/35.754746,-118.425139/@35.599252,-118.700409,63448m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m11!4m10!1m5!1m1!1s0x80ea4282f57d9079:0x3d5dd041fe1b36ad!2m2!1d-119.047598!2d35.412024!1m1!4e1!1m0!1m0

·
Registered
2013 Challenger R/T
89 Posts
I live in Bakersfield. How did I miss this?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live in Bakersfield. How did I miss this?
This was a small cruise among friends, not organized by or affiliated with any clubs nor was it publicly announced anywhere.

The first rule of Cruise Club... :lol: Just kidding, though the number of cars that went was about perfect. Easy to manage and we all fit/parked at the stops without running out of room.

Most of the cars in the group pic are local to Bako, I bet you could get to know a number of the locals by heading to Famoso once the weather warms up. Auto Club Famoso Raceway

·
Registered
2013 Challenger R/T
89 Posts
I took my kids to Friday Night Drags at Famoso last summer. Incredibly lucky to live just 20 minutes from a 1/4 mi. drag strip. Can't wait until they open up again. Great pics by the way.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wish we had a 1/4 mile in San Diego. When I was younger my dad would take me to Carlsbad, My uncle had an old Nova he would run every so often. Then I got older and right as I was getting into cars, it closed. If it stayed open id probably be driving fords. Back then my buddy was in the ASSET program on his way to being a tech. Another was already a Ford Tranny tech and a couple more had fox body 5.0s. Just the crowd I was running with at the time. Best we can do down here is Barona 1/8 mile and another 1/8 in the Qualcomm stadium parking lot they do on occasion. Better than nothing.

Op- looks like a blast! great way to spend the day, just cruising around taking in the sites.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I`m envious!! Very beautiful. I love ALL muscle cars - yes I am and always have been partial to Mopars since my 1968 Roadrunner in High School in 1974, but I respect and enjoy every Detroit Muscle car!! They are all worthy (lol) even though I understand that opinion is not shared by everyone on Challenger Talk.
Very cool -----

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Can't we all just get along?

Isn't that what they said to the American Indian before they,,,,,
Anyway it's good to see a truce!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts