Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a black with silver stripe 392 that I had ordered in early January. The color contrast is perfect for my taste. Previous "quick" cars that I have owned include: '65 Chevelle, '76 Trans Am, '90 Iroc-Z28, '01 Acura CL-Type S, '03 350 Z, '08 Infiniti G35, and now the QUICKEST AND GROWLIEST by far... the new 392! It was well worth the wait. I only have 45 miles on the car, but the grin is permanently etched into my face. For those of you still waiting... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I just took delivery of a black with silver stripe 392 that I had ordered in early January. The color contrast is perfect for my taste. Previous "quick" cars that I have owned include: '65 Chevelle, '76 Trans Am, '90 Iroc-Z28, '01 Acura CL-Type S, '03 350 Z, '08 Infiniti G35, and now the QUICKEST AND GROWLIEST by far... the new 392! It was well worth the wait. I only have 45 miles on the car, but the grin is permanently etched into my face. For those of you still waiting... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Congrats!

Nice history I share some of it. I had a 66 Chevelle and a 85 Z28. I always wanted a 65 Chevelle though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know exactly how you feel! Just brought my 392(black with silver stripes:thumbsup:) home yesterday for the first time and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats, i have the 6.1L and love it, so i can only imagine what the 6.4L feels like. Now let's see some pics.:saythat:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I know that grin well... The weather has been nice here the past few days, so I've had mine out - almost up to 200 miles. After driving 25K in my R/T, this feels like a totally different car. And I loved my R/T. I don't know why I got the Sound Group II option - I've mostly just been listening to the growl of the Hemi.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm Grinnin too! First real chance to drive. 40 mi on the way home Mon. I took it fairly easy the first 100 varying engine speed as much as possible, 2-4000 in third mostly. Then I bedded the brakes, then drove like I wanted. 140 mph and rubber in 3rd. About 300 mi.and 18mpg driving like that. I've had a few fast cars and this thing is strong, period! Dodge did a fine job. No disappointments at all. Time to change oil. JMO
Greg

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
GRATS! Enjoy and get some pictures would ya!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Congrats! Yes, pictures please...

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics from today. Put on my first 300 miles cruising southern WI dodging the puddles! Beautiful cruising machine... beautiful growl... loves taking curves... 20 mpg. on inaugural run of mixed speeds...

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
congratulations! there is a black with silver at my dealers,it looks awesome,the salesman said''its very easy to chirp the tires!''LOL! i bet it is!

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
That looks great. If I didn't go DWB, black and silver with the IE wheels wuld be my next choice. I think the Challenger looks best in darker colors. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts