Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forecast for this Sunday is calling for some nice weather.

Anyone interested in meeting in the Bobs parking lot located in West Islip between 0730 and 0800. Grab a bite to eat from McDonalds and the head on down to Captree.

Address for Bobs;

135 Sunrise Hwy
West Islip, NY 11795

·
Registered
585 Posts
im home from work sick but if im feeling better by sun morn I may take a ride

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I am on vacation and I will try to get down there. Look forward to seeing some other Challengers and owners.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Long Island Mopars is going to Captree this Sunday also if you want to join in their Cruise. It is not updated on their website yet but this is the email I got today:

L.I. Mopars Members,

Well Members it has been a long and hard winter and I am sure everyone is eager to get out.
We are going to start off the season with a great event. We did this event last year and everyone really enjoyed it ... and it also looked waaay cool.
We will be meeting Sunday April 6th at Lowe's of Bayshore ( as we have for the beach show in September ) and cruise down to the Captree Boat Basin as a Club.... ( it always makes for great picture taking over the bridges ).
We will meet early at 8:30 A.M. at Lowes ( since Captree can fill up quick ) and leave by 9:00.
The weather is expected to be fairly good and it should be a nice ride. There is coffee, food and bathrooms available at the Boat Basin.

Hope to see all members join in the cruise together and show their Mopar Pride !!!!

Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the same email also. I will still go to Bob's and grab a bite to eat along with meeting go other cars. Will leave there around 8:15 and take a short ride to Lowes. Hopefully everyone is cool with that.

·
Registered
252 Posts
just to give everyone a heads up, they've been working on robert moses causeway, the sunrise highway bridge part heading south. the road is grated ,for repaving.i"ll check it out tomarrow, if road looks bad, we might want to get on the causeway at montaulk hwy

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
still feeling under the weather gonna have to miss this one

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Gonna try and get some OT on the midnight so I doubt I'll have energy to cruise. Got parts to pay for :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ok,the bridge over sunrise hwy, on Robert Moses causeway, was grated and still not repaved, so the road is rough and little cement chips all over the place, both side north and south,so if you don't want chips in your cars paint, get on cause off montauk hwy , or from sunrise highway service road heading east

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I received the same email also. I will still go to Bob's and grab a bite to eat along with meeting go other cars. Will leave there around 8:15 and take a short ride to Lowes. Hopefully everyone is cool with that.

Hey what's up man. I'll be at bobs between 8-8:15. Think we can circumvent the crappy overpass on the causeway over sunrise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Some pictures from yesterday

It was a great day yesterday here are some pictures.

Long Island Mopars at Lowes in Bay Shore

Mopars at Captree

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great pictures, but I'm starting to get a complex, where's the "Blue Streak Pearl" R/T challenger? I know it was there, that's the second time

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Great pictures, but I'm starting to get a complex, where's the "Blue Streak Pearl" R/T challenger? I know it was there, that's the second time

Yeah I hear ya friend. That thing is beautiful. I don't see it either! Haha. There was a decent looking black 392 with gray stripes there I heard, but I don't see that one either. Hmm, lol. Nice to finally meet you guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts