Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Registered
challenger 2018
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Challenger was involved in a car accident i have the person at fault
Vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire Car
insurance working on my accident and also my insurance is trying to deal with it one said totaled loss the other one said they can fix it. what do you guys think? 馃槚馃様

Registered
challenger 2018
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone here will know better then me and will explain why it should be totaled out.

I would not want that back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I definitely don鈥檛 want that back i don鈥檛 know how to explain the insurance but then once again they are doing what鈥檚 鈥渂est for them鈥 that will bring low value to my car. i just want my money back. i need help 馃槚馃槶 on what to say to them ....

Registered
Yes - this looks like it should be totaled out. Minimally it appears that there is frame damage, which really can never be repaired especially for performance cars. Also looks like front suspension / alignment is severely damaged. Even for general vehicles this can never really be fixed. Tried it years ago on a Ford and the car never ran the right way. As well, we burned through tires on the repaired axle.

Lastly - the CarFax report will have a log of the accident and severe repair needed to fix. This will make sure that no one buys the car in the future unless it is $$ dumped.

Hope it works out.

Registered
challenger 2018
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes - this looks like it should be totaled out. Minimally it appears that there is frame damage, which really can never be repaired especially for performance cars. Also looks like front suspension / alignment is severely damaged. Even for general vehicles this can never really be fixed. Tried it years ago on a Ford and the car never ran the right way. As well, we burned through tires on the repaired axle.

Lastly - the CarFax report will have a log of the accident and severe repair needed to fix. This will make sure that no one buys the car in the future unless it is $$ dumped.

Hope it works out.
thank you! that鈥檚 what i told the insurance ppl but they wanna take it to one of their shops and see how much is for repair and i don鈥檛 want that 馃槚馃槚馃槚馃槚馃槚馃槚

Total it out you鈥檒l get a great value pay for the worth of the car if u have gap insurance and grab a new challenger
i don鈥檛 have gap insurance i paid it cash. :(

+1 on totaling it. Fight the insurance company if you have to - you don鈥檛 want to deal with future issues with the car given that much damage.
insurance send me a check for 9k to get it fixed... WHEN i clearly said ... ITS TOTALED FRAME IS MESSED UP! IM speaking to supervisor tomorrow morning. Lady did virtual inspection!!! smh!!!!! i鈥檓 lost....

Premium Member
If they really want to repair, don't forget to demand from the insurance company that you want to get loss of value payment. Maybe that will push it over the justification for repair mark. If it is already at a body shop, tell the estimator that you want a thorough inspection and estimate not a quickie. That will give a much more complete number for repairs. Normally they write up what they initially see then "supplement" the repair later when they inevitably find more damage after teardown.

Registered
insurance send me a check for 9k to get it fixed... WHEN i clearly said ... ITS TOTALED FRAME IS MESSED UP! IM speaking to supervisor tomorrow morning. Lady did virtual inspection!!! smh!!!!! i鈥檓 lost....
What state do you live in? and if you don't mind... when did you purchase and at what (roughly) $$?

Registered
challenger 2018
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they really want to repair, don't forget to demand from the insurance company that you want to get loss of value payment. Maybe that will push it over the justification for repair mark. If it is already at a body shop, tell the estimator that you want a thorough inspection and estimate not a quickie. That will give a much more complete number for repairs. Normally they write up what they initially see then "supplement" the repair later when they inevitably find more damage after teardown.
i have the car at home they send me a wack check to get it fixed but NOPE i need the supervisor... asap

Premium Member
i have the car at home they send me a wack check to get it fixed but NOPE i need the supervisor... asap
That's more than 9k damage, plus you'll loose thousands when you trade or sell so that's why they need to give you loss of value too. That's insane that they want you to take 9k and be on the hook for the supplemental repairs. Which insurance co is this?

Registered
Who is at fault? Do you live in a no-fault state? If you are at fault, you do not have a great deal of leverage. If you are not at fault you should insist on a rental car and compensation for diminished value.

Reactions: Maryj0809

Premium Member
Total it out you鈥檒l get a great value pay for the worth of the car if u have gap insurance and grab a new challenger
Huh? Gap covers the 鈥済ap鈥 between insurance payment and what you owe if it鈥檚 less, they don鈥檛 not pay the difference to buy a replacement car.

Registered
challenger 2018
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who is at fault? Do you live in a no-fault state? If you are at fault, you do not have a great deal of leverage. If you are not at fault you should insist on a rental car and compensation for diminished value.
not my fault lady passed a red light.. and they offering me shitty deal ... (my insurance)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts