Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice now. I use key fob to release trunk lid, walk out to lift trunk lid and the car alarm starts honking. Key fob is not on me, but just 10 feet away in the house.

I've done this many times before w/o the alarm going off.

What would be sensitive enough for the alarm to engage?

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
Is it windy out? My 16 would do that in the grocery store parking when it was windy. It's like the lid would get pushed down just enough to make it think it was closed, but was not. Open the trunk, and boom, horn is blaring.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,569 Posts
Following. My 2016 has done this twice.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it windy out? My 16 would do that in the grocery store parking when it was windy. It's like the lid would get pushed down just enough to make it think it was closed, but was not. Open the trunk, and boom, horn is blaring.
There was no wind to speak of (less than 5 mph). But, perhaps the mechanism didn't fully release for some reason.

Guess I can clean/lubricate the moving parts and hope that corrects it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Had it happen on my 18 before. Seems I may have left it too long and when I lifted it, the alarm went off.
It was horrible at 3 am. Either way, I unlock the car now if I am going to wait a minute before I open the trunk.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That I can understand. I don't know how long "is too long"? For me, it was less than 10 seconds.

Glad to hear other's experience........now I'll be more cautious.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,569 Posts
That I can understand. I don't know how long "is too long"? For me, it was less than 10 seconds.

Glad to hear other's experience........now I'll be more cautious.
Mine was seconds both times too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
I just had this happen to me for the first time about a week ago on my 2013. I have never had an issue with popping the trunk WITHOUT unlocking the doors. Hasn’t happened again since that random time, but I guess I’ll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.