Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday I swapped out my 130 for a 430RBZ not sure if this could be related but.... And after the st Patricks day weekend I was driving back home from New Orleans and the battery indicator light came on the dash... And I made it home. Turned the car off. I waited a few min and turned the car back on it struggled then all the light lit up like a Christmas tree...AbS, battery, bright lights, brake,radio turned on and off everything flashed. I checked fuses. Check the neg and pos terminals. Disconnected and let it sit for a min.

I connected everything and started it. And it started right up. I let it run for about 5 min and it started sput sput sput sound like it was dying again...

Anyone have this problem? I am just over 50k miles too!

Maybe alternator? Battery?

:dunno:

I have air suspension the only over thing that is pulling any power from the battery that was aftermarket!

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Last Thursday I swapped out my 130 for a 430RBZ not sure if this could be related but.... And after the st Patricks day weekend I was driving back home from New Orleans and the battery indicator light came on the dash... And I made it home. Turned the car off. I waited a few min and turned the car back on it struggled then all the light lit up like a Christmas tree...AbS, battery, bright lights, brake,radio turned on and off everything flashed. I checked fuses. Check the neg and pos terminals. Disconnected and let it sit for a min.

I connected everything and started it. And it started right up. I let it run for about 5 min and it started sput sput sput sound like it was dying again...

Anyone have this problem? I am just over 50k miles too!

Maybe alternator? Battery?

:dunno:

I have air suspension the only over thing that is pulling any power from the battery that was aftermarket!
Sounds like you had a loose connection on one of the batt terminals. How is it now that you pulled the neg batt cable and put it back on. The only other thing might be corrosion on the cable or cables. Then I would look for loose connections at the alternator. Dose you car have the EVIC if it dose you can pull up the charging voltage on the evic and see what it is.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No corrosion. Everything is clean. It will run for only a few min and then dies. But it will start up if I let it sit...very strange. It's a 2011 So it had EVIC. I have a battery charger coming from amazon tomorrow. I am at my camp in the middle of no where, no transportation. Until Friday. Just trying to see if I could get it going without having to get a tow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No corrosion. Everything is clean. It will run for only a few min and then dies. But it will start up if I let it sit...very strange. It's a 2011 So it had EVIC. I have a battery charger coming from amazon tomorrow. I am at my camp in the middle of no where, no transportation. Until Friday. Just trying to see if I could get it going without having to get a tow.
I had that problem but after the dealer replaced an amplifier. Something stays on. If the battery gets too low the electronic indicators go crazy like you are describing. My speedometer went around to 160 mph and just stayed there. Amp was replaced with another new one, battery charged and so far problem has not returned. That new head unit could be at fault but charge the battery real good or replace it is my suggestion. BTW when it happened to me the car wouldn't even start with a jump.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully after a full charge I'll be able to make it to the Dealership, 45 min away. We shall see:couto:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Does it crank,start, runs and dies...or no cranking no starting (dead battery) is it possible they didn't completely snap in a connector under the dash? Sounds like tech error

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just walked outside. Started up after a little struggle. Went to 1500RPM settled down to 8-900. Ran like it was warming up and I let it run for a min. Then I put it in reverse, as soon as I did that...ESP BAS, Trac, Airbag (Pass) and ABS Lit up instantly. Then when i put it in drive the additional BRAKE in red showed up but the two displays under speedo and rpm went blank and the radio screen cut off...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
That doesn't sound like a battery thing, sounds more like a screw up by whoever had their hands on/in your car...you probably should have them recheck the fitment application of that amp, also the surrounding areas under the dash for connector issues

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The only thing that has been touched in the vehicle in the month. Was the HU, and I personally swapped out the 130 radio and put a 430RBZ in. I did the updates to 50.00.07 everything has worked fine since last Thursday when I installed it.... Until Sunday at 4pm when I was driving back up on a 2 hour drive and now all this mess... I dunno hopefully when the battery charger gets here maybe I can get a full charge and get it somewhere if not AAA can tow it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts