Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I have tried two of Covercraft's top car covers- Weathshield, a high tech/light weight cover and the heavier Noah. The Weathershield flapped a lot of windy days and actually tore (twice). I have found that the Noah performs much better on windy days, although it only lasts for about two years before the sun deteriorates the fabric. The great thing about Covercraft covers is that you get a free replacement if they fail before the warranty expires. I have gotten three free replacements this way.

Even though the Noah is the superior cover, I still use 5 lb. sand bags on the front fender corners and the base of the windshield to keep it in place on very windy days. (Optional plastic wind gust clamps are useless).

Does anyone use another car cover that holds up better on windy days?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
I've used the Noah covers for years and had the Evolution III / IV covers in past.

Probably what I'd recommend (since your SRT lives outside and doesn't get driven in the snowy season) - is probably two covers.

A Noah for the dust protection (and its a soft cover) and and Sunbrella material cover that will hold up to the UV.

I had one Noah cover that made it 13 years - I'd use it at work since we had an open lot. Eventually the thing deteriorated from UV exposure and I got a new one.

My vehicles are garaged, so the covers mainly see usage on non rainy days with a clean car when at work.

There's also their Ultratect, Weathershield HP and Carhartt covers - probably see which of those would provide the best all around protection and last with UV exposure.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I had both a Mopar cover and a generic one from EBAY. Held both in place by connecting the two side eyelets together, under the car, with a nice snug bungie cord. Never had either cover blow off or even corners come up in 5 Western PA winters (Car sat outside from Thangsgiving until snow melt (mid-March) every year.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
I second what Hal said.

When I had a 1970 Challenger, I had no garage. I would use 2 car covers, with the outer cover being pulled tight by tieing a rope between the two eyelets. It would withstand 30-40 MPH winds easily.

The outer cover did have to be replaced every 2 years from wear from the sun, and the elastic starting to getting loose.

·
Super Moderator
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably what I'd recommend (since your SRT lives outside and doesn't get driven in the snowy season) - is probably two covers. A Noah for the dust protection (and its a soft cover) and and Sunbrella material cover that will hold up to the UV.
Thanks for the advice, but the Covercraft Sunbrella car cover is too pricey at $510. I think that I will just use the $265 Noah and return it to Covercraft for a free replacement every 2-3 years. Covercraft is great about honoring its 4-year warranty and I have received 3 free covers over the years.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have found best, and I will be checking into it next year if I start on a project that requires my garage to be in use, is to either rent a garage or a storage space to put my Challenger in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am looking for a car cover and would like to know everyone's thoughts on the Mopar car covers? My car is outside all the time and under trees and the droppings from animals that peruse the trees are what I want to stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
8 Participants
E7mack96
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing