Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which chemicals are you guys using to detail cloth seats, dashes, carpets, and exterior bodies? I been using a turtle wax brand car wash soap,
Chemical guys interior protection, meguirers carnuaba wax, and mother's Speed tire shine. But I feel like I need more protection from the sun, especially if the paint and dash material is gonna match the older chrysler products with the dash cracking and clear coat peeling...
Advice? Thoughts? Comments?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
I use 303 Protectant on the interior and dash. I use Carpro Reset, but use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss Shampoo in the foamer 1st. My car is coated so I use Reload and Essence Plus. I use Chadwicks Triple Play No Sling Tire Dressing for the tires. I use their Triple Play for the outside windows as it leaves them shedding water so much that wipers are not even needed. I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner on the interior, tinted windows.

A Guy

Reactions: dylanedurr92

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I use Armor All Extreme Tire shine...use McGquire's Shine Protectant on all the exterior plastic and rubber..I wash the car with CarPro HydroG2 Foam...it's a car wash and Silica protectant that coats the car and protects for over 3 months between washes.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use 303 Protectant on the interior and dash. I use Carpro Reset, but use Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss Shampoo in the foamer 1st. My car is coated so I use Reload and Essence Plus. I use Chadwicks Triple Play No Sling Tire Dressing for the tires. I use their Triple Play for the outside windows as it leaves them shedding water so much that wipers are not even needed. I use Sprayway Glass Cleaner on the interior, tinted windows.

A Guy
Where do u get 303 at? Checked Walmart.. they didn't have it at my location

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

A Guy
Where do u get all this stuff at haha...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,606 Posts
I get most of my detailing supplies at Detailed Image, but the Chadwick's comes direct from them. Adams, Chemical Guys, Autogeek, Autopia, Wolfgang's, Griot's Garage, etc. are some popular detailing supply sites.

But Walmart carries the 303 for instance. You can usually find it at Autozone, O'Reily's, etc. Most places carry Meguiar's for instance.

You can find Turtle Wax, and Armor All, etc. everywhere, but I personally don't use those, I use more detailing oriented products. Not that those products are not any good, just they are more marketed towards the masses who just want to wash and wax.

My car is coated with CQuartz Finest, so I use several products from it's manufacturer CarPro.

One of our Vendors here is Adams, who also makes quality products

If you are new to detailing, there are many product manufacturers names you may not be familiar with, like 22ple, 3D, Gtechniq, Gyeon, Poorboy's, Wolfgang's, Sonax, Collinite, Dr Beasley's, Jescar, Klasse, Kenotek, McKee's 37, Menzerna, Mothers, Optimum, etc.

You'll find our members use a plethora of different products, some form following recommendations, some from having tried everything and settling on what works best for them, etc.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Instead of Meguiars Carnuba Wax, I use Meguiars Ultimate Synthetic Liquid Wax. When it comes to protection, water beading and ease-of use, its the polymer-based abilities are unbeatable.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...=35632070f6aa306d84e5be04a72132ba&action=view
+1 on the Meguiars Ultimate Synthetic Liquid Wax. I just used it today on my R/T Shaker and it not only works on the paint, it revives the stripes, shaker scoop, and rear spoiler. It's amazing stuff. The directions say it's only intended for the shiny surfaces and not for flat or matte finishes, but I tested it in a spot or two on the stripes and was so pleased I use it on the whole car now. And it goes on so quick and easy I was wondering if I was really putting any on until stuff started sliding off the roof. :)

Then after each wash I spritz some Griot's Garage Speed Shine on it and buff with a cloth. The story is the Speed Shine bonds with the wax already on the car and adds another layer so you can go longer between waxes and still protect the finish. It does seem to work.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you know I tried the Chemical guys Synthetic Quik detailer, and its great. I am glad I tried it. Easier to use than Eagle one Nano wax.
I have also now tried the 'Blazin Banana' spray wax, Good stuff and easy to use. makes those sparkly metal flakes shine in the sun !
I think I will l try more chemical guys stuff, unless chiner-mart quits selling it also !
Have a good one!

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Adams polishes since 2004...…………….

1 - 10 of 10 Posts