Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my first email tune for the car. I let it run for 15 min and the temp was around 240 to 250. I left radiator cap off and let it bubble out the next time and it still got hot. The next time I loosened the stat bolts and air/steam came out for a while. I finally tightened it back up and shut it off because it was getting warm again. Do you think i have a bad stat? Does the tune have anything to do with it? The fans were both on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You have to bleed the system properly by unscrewing the bleeder valve located on the front of the water outlet housing in the front of the engine. It helps if u have an extra person one to unscrew the valve and wait for coolant to pour out of it while another pours coolant into the overflow tank and once coolant starts to come out of the bleeder valve location with it unscrewed immediately screw it back in place and continue to add coolant to overflow tank until at safe level replace cap and u should be good to go. But FIRST make sure your radiator DRAIN**** is hand tight and not loose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 5.7 hemi hopefully the bleeder valve is in the same location as the 6.1 hemi

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Also, if you still have issues with potentially trapped air, put the car on an incline so the engine is higher than the rear. Remove the overflow cap and run the engine at idle until it's at running temp (so the fluids start moving). This will help force any trapped air pockets in the block forward and you should see bubbles in the over flow if there were. Might take a few minutes. I've had to do this once in my 10 car lifetime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts