Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drive a 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT and recently whenever I start to brake and while braking the whole car seems shake like I am on a bumpy road and the steering wheel starts to shake as well. Does anyone know what this could be or what is causing it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,802 Posts
There is also the chance its brake pad material deposits. On my wifes SUV I got it up to about 80 on the highway at night when low volume of cars and stood on the brakes until just about stopped, then did it again two more times like when you bed in new brakes and the shaking stopped and the truck has been fine for quite a while now.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
what they said ^^

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
My first guess would also be warped rotors. Simply try the pad deposit procedure. If the "bumpiness" continues, it's likely that the rotor(s) are warped.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Look into the the big brake upgrade thread. It works on RTs, but not sure about SXTs?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its probably not warped rotors but pad deposits. I moved from OEM pads to aftermarket and same with rotors after my initial issues with pad deposits and what not. Warpage is more of a myth and rarity and probably not the case. Your alignment could also be off as another possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Warped rotors are a myth or rarity?
I've seen hundreds, if not thousands working at dealerships for 30 years.

Buildup is a definite possibility.

An alignment issue would not cause this.

·
Registered
340 Posts
New pads, new rotors, problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts