Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Wednesday it was really cold in morning, go out to goto work and key fob will not open car doors so I use key and manually open, put fob in to start and car is completely dead. I work in a high school, so after school our auto mechanics teacher comes to my house, I go in to get key to open hood and hit open on fob and car opens, get in and it starts like normal.

So this morning the same thing happens...so something is obviously freezing and not allowing the cars electronics to work and get the car start.

Other than I have to take into dealer any suggestions of what might be causing this?

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Possibly you have a battery that is bad and going "open" when very cold.

Or a bad or loose connection that is not making up when very cold.

Or your WIN (wireless ignition module) is bad and failing when cold.

Did you happen to notice if the interior lights came on when you opened the door? Or did you have no electrical power at all?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you happen to notice if the interior lights came on when you opened the door? Or did you have no electrical power at all?
No lights or power at all...

CAA dropped car off at dealer...they brought it inside for 15 minutes and the fob worked and it started right away...they think some module is freezing but they now have to figure out which one.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
So last Wednesday it was really cold in morning, go out to goto work and key fob will not open car doors so I use key and manually open, put fob in to start and car is completely dead. I work in a high school, so after school our auto mechanics teacher comes to my house, I go in to get key to open hood and hit open on fob and car opens, get in and it starts like normal.

So this morning the same thing happens...so something is obviously freezing and not allowing the cars electronics to work and get the car start.

Other than I have to take into dealer any suggestions of what might be causing this?
Are you plugging in the block heater over night?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts