Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Redeye. I get an email monthly that shows my mileage, oil usage and other parameters. How do I stop the car from spying on me?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I believe that’s a free 1 year service through your uconnect, subscription fee after that.
You will likely need to call and unsubscribe.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I got a text message saying my tank was below 1/8 full. This was after I left the gas station!

Reactions: 68Coronet

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
380 Posts
The short answer is that you cannot. The car is going to record everything you do and send it to Dodge. Just like your radio is sending everything it records to uConnect and Sirius. Just like your phone and computer send everything you do on them off to God knows where. Your WiFi connected Smart TV sends its info back to the manufacturer. Your Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo do the same. So forth and so on.

Welcome to the world of no privacy. My suggestion is to be like me... incredibly boring.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The short answer is that you cannot. The car is going to record everything you do and send it to Dodge. Just like your radio is sending everything it records to uConnect and Sirius. Just like your phone and computer send everything you do on them off to God knows where. Your WiFi connected Smart TV sends its info back to the manufacturer. Your Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo do the same. So forth and so on.

Welcome to the world of no privacy. My suggestion is to be like me... incredibly boring.
My suggestion is be like me...make them say "this can't be right?"

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
285 Posts
My Challenger has been parked to 2 months now and I guess it's ignoring me because it hasn't sent me anything since I drove it last. Ruby must be upset with me. I'll pay the price for that.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
285 Posts
It doesn't need your phone. I don't have a smartphone and I used to get e-mails. My stone-age phone is not paired to anything, not even me.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T Classic
88 Posts
Manufacturers have installed artificial intelligence so the dealers will know where a vehicle is when it is needing scheduled maintenance. The dealer sends out reminders to the owner and guides the owner to the dealership trying to keep the owner from straying to an independent shop or quick lube.
National Oil Lube News had a very nice article concerning this matter about 3 months ago.
You probably cannot turn off the tracking.
Welcome to the wonderful world of technology.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
380 Posts
Never have had any emails like this on my '16 SP.

Wondering if this is a new/newer standard feature on some/all 2020 models?
It is something you have to sign up for. Whether or not the dealer told them they were signing up for it, or if it was hidden in some legal jargon is another question. You can opt out of the e-mails and letters, but they are still going to monitor you no matter what.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,901 Posts
It is something you have to sign up for. Whether or not the dealer told them they were signing up for it, or if it was hidden in some legal jargon is another question. You can opt out of the e-mails and letters, but they are still going to monitor you no matter what.

Ok. I never signed up for anything, so that makes sense. Shoot I've never even turned on the Sirius one time.

That said, I've always thought that some sort of factory communications between the car and wherever could be going on.

I'm old and boring too.

The new world moves on!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
I believe it's when you register the free trial/or Uconnect. I never paid, and it was shut off after 1 yr, but I still get the random Vehicle Health Report

A Guy

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I feel you

Are Challengers spying on us can we be hacked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: True though!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Open the dash, unplug all the antennas from the radio. Other than that, unsubscribe from Uconnect, it still gets data but it won't email you about it. Eventually you will forget all about it doing it.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
446 Posts
I think its part of the Sirius Guardian that comes with it for free. I HATE it too. Especially when I pull the seats out to go racing and I get an email right away telling me there's something wrong with my air bag system. I'm wondering what other data they're gathering.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Wait till you get Travel Tax Bills in the Mail as they have tried and will push again for Taxes per mile you drive with that Monitoring it's coming.

That’s because the lemmings allow these things to happen. It appears the majority of people don’t value privacy and freedom, they say I have nothing to hide. I don’t do Facebook, or any social media (forums etc) and whatever I do is under an assumed name, if certain places need for me to go Facebook to get a discount for a “like” so I could save another $250 for my exhaust system, it’s under a bogus name. I also paid for a 3 year subscription to a vpn so I’m not visible and when I am online, I’ll get ads from the uk 🇬🇧 as targeted marketing doesn’t know where I am to try to sell me stuff.
I put the landline phone number on a flip phone and share that when I need to give it out, my cell number in my smart phone is never a contact number given to any commercial user. Not the doctor, bank, store, anything so unless your name shows up on my caller id I will not answer the call and I rarely get spam calls. I just let the flip phone calls go to voice mail and answer what is a real call. Anything the government does isn’t for our benefit and tracking our whereabouts is scary.
Who gave permission for self driving cars and compromising our safety? We didn’t get a say but they are here. Just watch how things change, you won’t be aloud to doing certain alterations to your cars.
Give them an inch and they will take 100 miles.

Reactions: Golfnut
1 - 20 of 41 Posts