Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people refer to their car by a personalized nickname?

If you have a specific nickname for your Challenger or other current car, or a great one from your storied past, post what it is/was and how that car got it's name?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have any current names for my current vehicles. My grandkids call the Challenger "The Dodge".

My stepmom called her 1969 Rambler Wagon "Jenny". I asked her why and she just said that "She looks like a Jenny". And when my Dad totaled "Jenny", she was replaced by another 69 Rambler Wagon....named "Jenny 2".

When my kids were little, I had a Pea-Green 1975 Pontiac Catalina that they affectionate named "The Green Goose". Still part of family stories.

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
My neighbors have a strange nickname for my 2009 SRT- "Kathy's Kitchen."

Here's the story. After I sold my 1971 'Cuda (a big mistake), I needed a replacement. So, I decided to buy a 2009 SRT. The problem was that the funds in our savings account were "earmarked" by my wife for a remodeled kitchen. It has been 9 years since I bought my SRT and my wife still doesn't have a new kitchen. I did give her a new $10K bathroom, however.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
So we call our challenger GG = Green Girl . My wife was never a car person , but she name her .
when we were having her hand Pinstripe the lady doing the work ask my wife the cars name
She said GG , when in to get a beer ( Pinstriper comes to your house ) , came out to check on how the Pinstriping was going there on the back by the back up camera was GG ,, lol , she said I can take it off ,, I said no if that what my wife wanted leave it . She been awesome about doing the mods money wise so what the hell
So seems everyone ask GG ? , and we tell them the story

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbors have a strange nickname for my 2009 SRT- "Kathy's Kitchen."

Here's the story. After I sold my 1971 'Cuda (a big mistake), I needed a replacement. So, I decided to buy a 2009 SRT. The problem is that the funds in our savings account were "earmarked" by my wife for a remodeled kitchen. It has been 9 years since I bought my SRT and my wife still doesn't have a new kitchen. I did give her a new $10k bathroom, however.
This reminds me of some young ladies I've met over the years who were named Porsche and Harley based on the vehicles their daddy's didn't get because they got their momma's pregnant.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
493 Posts
My nephew calls mine ..The Baby.. because when ever he is at our house I'm in the garage doing cleaning or putzing with it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Was thinking Bruise or Bruiser or Bruce, kind of playing off the fact the whole car is black and blue, lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My daughter named all of our cars after food - can't answer why.... probably the reason we have a cat named "Cucumber" too.:laugh2: For whatever inexplicable reason, they all stuck.

My black Challenger = "Angus"
Her red Mustang = "Pepper"
My wife's black VW Golf = "Black Bean"
My gray Nissan Xterra = "Hambone"

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
"The Mean Green Machine" is pretty self explanatory. .....:5:

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
The Challenger is named Toxy (obvious)

The AMG C43 is named Stormy because she's silver with dark windows and the power comes on like a storm!

The Ram is named Rusty because it's falling apart! :)

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I entered mine in a car show to benefit a local pee wee football team. There was a space on the form for nick name, since the team that the show was for was "Niles Little Red Dragons" I out "Big Red Machine". Won kid's choice, LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
I call my '16 Torred scat shaker "Christine", as she was built on friday the 13 in november a couple yrs ago.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Not to be a spoiler, but I never bought into the car naming thing. Besides, mine came with a name from the factory; Challenger.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How many people refer to their car by a personalized nickname?

If you have a specific nickname for your Challenger or other current car, or a great one from your storied past, post what it is/was and how that car got it's name?
Its GoMango.....called it El Diablo since day one....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,846 Posts
Never named a car...maybe name it after the dog in The Jerk...

A Guy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts