Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m having issues figuring out what part is behind the front bumper, I want to say it’a the grille reinforcement and the front bumper reinforcement. Unfortunately I did rear end someone and instead of going through insurance I rather do the repairs myself but I’m not confident is those are the only parts I need if anyone has any advice or just confirm if the parts I need are those. Thank you !
If you have any part numbers or recommend anything please feel free to say so

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

The bar I believe is called the bumper reinforcement, not sure any part numbers.

If you're going to tackle the repairs yourself, I would stop by a dealership parts department and find someone who will bring up the exploded views and have them print off the parts list and the exploded view. Then try online or even used parts, craigslist copart, local junk yard, even put your list on the want to by section hear or other Challenger forums.

Once you get the bumper cover off you may find out it's not that bad.

Good luck with the repairs

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: Gabriellao25

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
972 Posts
My guess is facia can be repaired and grill needs to be replaced, doubt there is other damage but will only know after complete disassembly. Removing entire fascia from the car is easy, only half a dozen fasteners then 2 people can lift it off. That is where the fun ends.

All of the parts attached to the fascia (lots of them) will need to be removed to repair and repaint the fascia. Removing the grill is about the nastiest disassembly task I've ever tackled. But in this case just breaking what remains may make the task much easier. Entire disassembly of fascia will take several hours for an experienced body man (or lady). While the fascia is probably repairable my guess is it will require plastic welding, heating and reshaping, filling and sanding. The extent of damage may be such that a new fascia ($360) is a better option. The fascia is difficult to support and repaint because of it's irregular shape and lack of rigidity. Reassembly is not to bad but much care must be taken so as not to harm the newly painted fascia.

Link to catalog of parts and exploded view.

IMO, the repair is not for an amateur. How do I know, I did a similar repair on my Scat Pack 6 months ago (fascia not as badly damaged as the one in photos in this thread). I owned a body shop for 25 years and struggled with this repair. I had to contact a forum member who is currently a professional body technician for advice on disassembly.

Good luck with the repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts