Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 srt8 w brembo slotted drilled rotors and ceramic pads, at low speed braking no problem, anything over 80-90 I have to featherthe pedal since there is a tremendous amount of vidration, shaking until I ley off thenget under 80_90. Yes I Know warped rotors but ive changed them twice while changing the pads. HELP very dangerous. Im thinking if warped rotor on three different types ofrotors why would they all warp. I don't think this is the problem anyone plz help ty

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
You mention that you've replaced the brake pads twice. Were they worn out or were you trying to stop the vibration when braking at high speed? If they were worn out then you seem to be doing a lot of hard braking and ceramic probably aren't the best for that situation. Some of the SRT owners would probably be better able to recommend a better pad that will shed the heat better which will keep the rotor temperature lower which will help prevent warping. Your description does indicate warped rotors, so you need to look into why you're warping them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arguably brembo are the best brake manufacturors in the world. ceramic by its nature are the best substances to dissipate heat hence Chobham Armour. Ive tried various pad types . the car is 5300lbs pl,us ancillaries. Its just hard to believe that the best Co in the world hasn't dealt w problems of a car such as mine, thx anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
Take a close look and make sure the pad material doesn't extend over the outer edge of the rotor. For whatever reason that will warp a rotor in no time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts