Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you guys who entered car shows this past season, how did you do?

If you won a trophy, what made your car stand out?

Some car owners spend a fortune on their cars. I parked next to a new Camaro (black) and his entire engine and supercharger was chromed and he had a mural of the Transformer movie painted on the underside of his hood!

Another car, a Corvette, had flag murals on both doors and a mural of the firemen raising the flag at the site of the World Trade Center. How do you compete with that? :confused:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had a busy show season I did pretty well, but you have to bring you A game I had all my stuff airbrushed under the hood plus my procharger and my interior
. You can't focus on everybody else you have to focus on your car and just try to make it stand out. It's not easy and some shows will tick you off like when a stock Camaro won best of show and you had tons off modified cars that looked a 1000 times better.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
My car's pretty much bone stock save for a CAI and a few Billet Tech parts, but I've won four trophies over the years. My suggestion is to not go in to win trophies. Car shows should be about sharing your passion with other car people. Whenever I win stuff, I figure it's like icing on the cake. If you go in with the attitude that you're just going to shine up your baby and have a good time, it's much more fulfilling because you never can control what the judges or other participants are going to think of your car.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My car's pretty much bone stock save for a CAI and a few Billet Tech parts, but I've won four trophies over the years. My suggestion is to not go in to win trophies. Car shows should be about sharing your passion with other car people. Whenever I win stuff, I figure it's like icing on the cake. If you go in with the attitude that you're just going to shine up your baby and have a good time, it's much more fulfilling because you never can control what the judges or other participants are going to think of your car.
Amen, go to enjoy and have fun. If you win something it makes the day even better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If all it takes to win these things is some cheesy engine covers, fancy wheels, and nausea inducing interior panels. hey sign me up! I personally would rather do what I want to the car, not stuff that makes it show better whether it looks good or not.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Watch it !

If all it takes to win these things is some cheesy engine covers, fancy wheels, and nausea inducing interior panels. hey sign me up! I personally would rather do what I want to the car, not stuff that makes it show better whether it looks good or not.
I don't know you but you need to watch it. If you don't like it cool but don't insult someone's hard work.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Some of you guys have seriously lost your minds with how you act on this forum.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've only gone to one show, but I went more for the fun of hanging out with my friends. I did win 1st place Challenger, but only because I was the only Challenger there. In the future, though, I'd still go just to have fun. Whatever mods I do, I do for me, not for a bunch of other people to critique. If someone else likes what I do (or have done) to my car, then cool, if not, oh well.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah but you don't insult someone else to make a point at least I don't

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I entered 14 car shows this year. I won or placed in 11 of them.

I posted many pictures of the car over the last year so I'll not bore people with more.
Basically, I just have the Cervini shaker hood, carbon fiber enigne compartment covers with titanium caps, and silver stripes to match the shaker.

I guess I must be different from many folks because when I enter I try to win. It doesn't make sense to me to spend hours detailing the car, sitting in the hot sun for more hours and think, I sure hope I don't win anything.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I only entered my car on one 'judged' show this season- took second place in class to another Challenger (actually an SE done right!), and the only standout aftermarket pieces I had on were my painted engine cover and the Magnaflow cat-back (more than a few people asked me to start it).

Everybody has their own taste- you can win with an all-out attention-getter, or with a clean stocker like mine. And I think we already have Mods around to police the forum, do we need more?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Here is a pic of the awards I recieved this year. The most recent are the two from the Don Garlits Show in Ocala, and a third from the MOPARty MOPAR show in Orlando. My most cherished and honor was the "Don Garlits Choice" for 2010. I feel the same way as some one else stated, I go for the fun and share with other car owners. You'll find every one loves to talk about their cars. We also show horses and we founf that at each show each judge has their own likes and dislikes and that plays a big part in winning or not. The two Big MOPAR shows I attended go by the point system which I believe is the most fairest. Oh, also was able to get Don Garlits to sign the inside of my hood. That show I recieved 2nd in my modified class and the Don Garlits choice. At the MOPARty show I recieved 1st in my class. My car is nothing special. I just tried to get it as close to retro as I could with some other special touches.

"Big Daddy" don Garlits checking it out....What a weekend that was!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had my car in only one judged show, Took home first place in a stock class. My car is all stock....well it looks it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I only entered my car on one 'judged' show this season- took second place in class to another Challenger (actually an SE done right!), and the only standout aftermarket pieces I had on were my painted engine cover and the Magnaflow cat-back (more than a few people asked me to start it).

Everybody has their own taste- you can win with an all-out attention-getter, or with a clean stocker like mine. And I think we already have Mods around to police the forum, do we need more?
I know I'm not trying to be the forum police but the insult was directed at me and another member that is why I said something.

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Redneckromeo:

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but it should not be voiced in an insulting way. Your comments were not appropriate.

Consider this a warning.

·
Registered
585 Posts
humm, it's a side of these cars I've never thought of, nice work and some time with fellow carzoids :thumbsup: I couldn't do it I get too freaked out about things I just have to keep it a DD and that infrequent asphalt warrior, of course - have to maintain some level of pecking order, anyway :bigthumb:

·
Registered
466 Posts
When the Challenger was still new and uncommon you could win by just washing the thing and showing up, and I got a couple of awards that way. Nowadays,I leave the competition to the guys who really live to collect the trophys and are willing to spend the big bucks to do it. I'd rather not have to sit around for 3-4 hours anyway. I go to the shows, look around and leave when I want to. The car is my 'trophy" and I "show" it whenever I drive it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When the Challenger was still new and uncommon you could win by just washing the thing and showing up, and I got a couple of awards that way. Nowadays,I leave the competition to the guys who really live to collect the trophys and are willing to spend the big bucks to do it. I'd rather not have to sit around for 3-4 hours anyway. I go to the shows, look around and leave when I want to. The car is my 'trophy" and I "show" it whenever I drive it.
That's the way I feel about it. At one car show this summer, there was one guy next to me that had a 68 Chevy Impala (I think) convertible, and he got very upset that he didn't win a trophy, and his anger was embarrassing. There was only about 20 awards for 300 cars, and there were a lot of cars much nicer than his. I should have given him the oil filter wrench (!!!) I won. It was the deluxe model from Harbor Freight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts