Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm intending on showing my Scat Pack as part of the modern MOPAR group here in San Antonio... I've loved shows for years... gathers some "trinkets " / models, magazines etc.. to be displayed with the car..

I was hoping a regular car show enthusiast might explain what they take and why...

For example I see the show board, models... etc... several of the cars have a safety kit, jumper cables etc.. fire extinguisher displayed... why? Is this common,? Something on the score sheet..

Let me say I'm not necessarily doing this to win trophies.... I'm doing this to share the experience with people... that said... if there are simple things I can bring... I might as well come prepared... having done my homework... I'm hoping you all may be able to suggest / help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ever since my car got sh!! on by a large bird on the way to a show, I take a gallon jug with water, a bucket and sponge and a towel to all shows.
It is also nice to clean off any bugs you pick up on the way there.

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
It all depends on what type of show you will be attending. First, make sure that your car is immaculate, inside and out (including the engine bay). For most shows that are local fundraisers, just bring the following basics:

Car

1. detail spray
2. microfiber clothes

Personal

1. beach chair
2. sun glasses
3. sun block
4. cooler (for water and food)

If you are going to the type of show where your car will be judged on a strict point system, also bring:

1. display board
2. fire extinguisher (for trunk)
3. first aid kit (for trunk)
4. car documentation (e.g., new car brochure, window sticker, build sheet, bill of sale)
5. die cast model

See the following thread for additional information:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/mods-win-car-shows-56014/

One word of advice. Never enter a car show thinking you going to get a trophy. You will usually leave very disappointed. Just go to the show. Meet and greet as many people as possible, make new friends and have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
We do some shows mostly charity ones, few big events also. We bring chairs ,, cooler, food and drinks .
Also I have a spray bottle of detail spray wax ,some rags , and a trash bag . I do not have a board,like others, my buddy framed his window sticker and displays it .I also have DoNoT touch signs . You will be
surprise how many inconsiderate people there are .
Give yourself plenty of room when parking , people bang into your mirrors if your to Close
But have fun we always do , you meet some really great car people..

A side note we like the cruzin/cars and coffee, better than the shows .Try those also if you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
It all depends on what type of show you will be attending. First, make sure that your car is immaculate, inside and out (including the engine bay). For most shows that are local fundraisers, just bring the following basics:

Car

1. detail spray
2. microfiber clothes

Personal

1. beach chair
2. sun glasses
3. sun block

If you are going to the type of show where your car will be judged on a strict point system, also bring:

1. display board
4. car documentation (e.g., new car brochure, window sticker, build sheet, bill of sale)
5. die cast model

One word of advice. Never enter a car show thinking you going to get a trophy. You will usually leave very disappointed. Just go to the show. Meet and greet as many people as possible, make new friends and have fun.
Why fire extinguisher and first aid kit? :scratchhead:

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
Why fire extinguisher and first aid kit? :scratchhead:
I think it boils down to insurance liability regulations at shows and the safety of the participants. I know the AACA requires you to have a fire extinguisher in visible display at all times (usually in front of the driver's side front tire on the ground). Some smaller shows encourage vehicle owners to have both a fire extinguisher and first aid kit by using "points" as an enticement (i.e., have these accessories and get more points on your scorecard).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pop up tent for shade and a nice cooler for water and a nice fold up chair and window detail spray and detail spray for wheels and spray for your car That's one of the reasons I like the challenger a BIG TRUNK.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Bring the car...

A Guy

·
Registered
694 Posts
besides a lot of the above, i have one that i live & die with. do not park next to a star car. it shouldn't effect judging if not in your class, but it will get more traffic & with your car close people will be over anxious to not touch that car but will not care that they touch yours. if possible park next to a similar type car not in your class is my motto if i have a choice.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts

Car

1. detail spray
2. microfiber clothes

Personal

1. beach chair
2. sun glasses
3. sun block

1. display board
5. die cast model

Cuda gives good info, but his second section should be qualified: the stuff he lists is primarily for indoor shows; the kind of shows where you bring your car and leave it, for up to the entire weekend. The kind of show where they deduct points if there is a SPECK of dust on the car.

I've attended a BUNCH of outdoor shows these last two years, from local to regional to National, and none of that stuff is needed or looked for (and I've been very successful at them).

As far as the "trinkets" the OP references, only bring what is related to your theme, and please PUHLEEESE don't be one of those d-bags who brings all the trophies he's already won. Real judges don't care, and it automatically puts you into the category as "that guy" who wraps up his self-worth in winning.

Go for the fun, go for the comradery, come for the cars, but don't look like a professional "car show contestant".

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
besides a lot of the above, i have one that i live & die with. do not park next to a star car. it shouldn't effect judging if not in your class, but it will get more traffic & with your car close people will be over anxious to not touch that car but will not care that they touch yours. if possible park next to a similar type car not in your class is my motto if i have a choice.
Excellent advice. I went to a car show two years ago and parked next to a black Hellcat (stock). What a mistake. Despite all of the mods on my 2009 SRT, people walked past my car like it was invisible! All they wanted to do was to see the new Hellcat and ask the owner to rev the engine for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts