Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I?ve never had this problem until recently. A thing to note but doubt it has an issue with it, the car is tuned with diablo Intune but don?t think this is a computer problem. So recently whenever I start the car with the key fob the car honks twice like normally but instead of starting it just clicks and doesn?t turn crank or turn over at all. If I try again the same problem occurs. If I get into the car and turn it on with the fob (push start never worked in the car bought it used) it will click and all the electronics just blink and the electronics will come back on again like as if I just put the car in accessory mode. This will happen once or twice before the car starts like normally. Rarely at it it?s worse the car will act like the car is completely dead and no electronics will come on. I have to give it a minute or two until it come back on like normal. This is driving me crazy and I have no idea what the problem could be. Battery is not issue nor do I think the alternator is either just assuming. lastly sometimes when it does crank and start it will cut off a few seconds thereafter. Someone please tell me I?m not the only one with this issue! What could it be?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just had an Arrington 426 put in and a Diablo tune and I'm having almost the same issue. Mine will throw tons of codes, the shifter lights will all flash, and the car goes nuts. It won't even attempt to crank. It makes a click noise like the starter solenoid is engaging and that's it. The car is stuck at my work because of this. I have had the car back for one day. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Common theme for both you guys. Intunes. I had one and it was a disaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would definitely say its the tune... I would never use Diablo but that's just me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is I've had the diablo in tune on the car for the last 2 years it just now recently is doing this. That's why it doesn't make senas to me

·
Registered
761 Posts
Anything new you have done to it, recently?

What year and trim?

Could be any number of things so I need some more info. But loose battery terminals, loose connection at the rear fuse box, electrical short, going bad Win module all could be to blame.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I will stick with the programmer. By chance did you happen to plug it int the computer and do a update ? I never. Never. Did I say NEVER DO ANY UPDATES. IT WORKS FINE. UPDATES ARE ONLY FOR DIFFERENT VEHICLES TUNE UPDATES NOTHING MORE

everytime I have her updated a diablo tuner it has been nothing but issues

As for the guy that says I would never use diablo. Well when you own a Chrysler car options are limited and I would guess you haven’t messed with yours to much by that statement. Not being a jerk just the facts. Ya ya I know hp tuners..... most shops that deal with dodge DO NOT use hp tuners for dodge

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As us1champ no I haven't updated the tuner in a real long time. But as far as specs for the car it's be:
2009 r/t
100k miles
Diablo tune
Recently changed alternator and battery but all are new. And as far as the battery terminals go I've already checked that but something to note, when the car would not start at all I'd have to manually go in the trunk through the back seat ? but once I'd pull the seat down it would cut back on so then I thought maybe it was a cable or something.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I will stick with the programmer. By chance did you happen to plug it int the computer and do a update ? I never. Never. Did I say NEVER DO SHY UPDATES. IT WORKS FINE. UPDATES ARE ONLY FOR DIFFERENT VEHICLES TUNE UPDATES NOTHING MORE

everytime I have her updated a diablo tuner it has been nothing but issues

As for the guy that says I would never use diablo. Well when you own a Chrysler car options are limited and I would guess you haven’t messed with yours to much by that statement. Not being a jerk just the facts. Ya ya I know hp tuners..... most shops that deal with dodge DO NOT use hp tuners for dodge

Look at my signature lol. My car is EXTENSIVELY modified. Wasn't being a jerk about it but most shops here in AZ highly recommend HP versus Diablo. I have heard nothing but bad results about Diablo from local LX groups. Perhaps thats just because there are not really any great hemi based shops here. But I made my decision accordingly.

It's all personal preference I suppose but I am HP Tuners all the way.

·
Registered
761 Posts
As us1champ no I haven't updated the tuner in a real long time. But as far as specs for the car it's be:
2009 r/t
100k miles
Diablo tune
Recently changed alternator and battery but all are new. And as far as the battery terminals go I've already checked that but something to note, when the car would not start at all I'd have to manually go in the trunk through the back seat ? but once I'd pull the seat down it would cut back on so then I thought maybe it was a cable or something.
So do me a favor or at least confirm this for me. Open up the rear fuse box and make sure the bolt that holds the battery cable connection is secure and tight. Check all the fuses there are pushed in place as well.

You are really making it sound like a loose ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Newoldchallenger I went and looked everything seemed fine nothing was loose at all. I made sure all fuses were pushed in too. I forgot to mention that the car started doing this after the cigarette lighter port in the arm rest stopped working completely ?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere or perhaps a series of bad fuses resulting from a short.

Pull the fuse for the cig lighter port (which one should be listed in your service manual) and inspect it. If you can measure voltage on it while its plugged in, do that as well. That will help trace any electrical issues and in which direction to look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I?ll look into that?s today yesterday didn?t have a chance but I?ll look and see if any fuses might be faulty cause it could be and the other so I?ll post later on with what happens.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe my issue is going to be the InTune itself. After I had all my issues happen I stupidly updated it hoping it would fix my problem. Wrong. It made things worse. It now won't get past the "please wait" screen when trying to load a tune or check codes. Hopefully your issue is easier than mine. At least you can get your car to start...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also check the front "jump" ports that they are also tight. Right next to the fuses with the red cap. The nut on this was loose on mine. The car would not start once in a while. Drove me nuts till I figured it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts