Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday the wife and I go for a nice ride to the city and back about 400 miles. At one point after a short stop to shop.... The car would not start. It turned over and over with no go. So I pushed the button and opened the door to clear the ignition. Hit the button again and it came to life..... Thought that was really weird.... Went on with the day and it never happened again. Now today the wife takes off car starts and runs fine......Shuts it off a couple miles from the house at work goes in about 10 minutes comes back out starts the car and everything is fine.....Drives straight home when she realizes that both key fobs are at the HOUSE!!! This kind of scares me that the car will run and drive without the key fobs anywhere around! Anyone else have this happen or know what I shoudl do?? I have the predator with the latest CROM 9R29 installed. Do you think that would have anything to do with these issues? TIA

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
In theory the predator shouldn't touch the WIN module at all (Wireless Ignition Module), this is the module that senses the keyfob that will then allow the car to start.

Do you have an aftermarket remote start system installed by any chance? If it were malfunctioning it would allow the car to start w/o the keyfob present...

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Did you buy the car used? Maybe somebody left a 3rd Keyfob under the seat or somewhere.

Mine will not start (not even crank) using the START button without the keyfob being in the driver's compartment and yours shouldn't either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope bought it brand new. We do not have a remote start on the car. Sorry for the confusion but what I meant was I pushed the start button to turn off the ignition and then opened the door so everything (radio) was off. Kind of baffled by the whole thing myself!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't get mine to work from over 10-15 feet let alone in the house. One time I tried to shut the trunk and it kept popping open. We finally figured out the spare key fob was in my wifes purse that she was leaving in the trunk while we went shopping.
At first I thought what's next!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can't get mine to work from over 10-15 feet let alone in the house. One time I tried to shut the trunk and it kept popping open. We finally figured out the spare key fob was in my wifes purse that she was leaving in the trunk while we went shopping.
At first I thought what's next!!
Just fyi - early build date 2011's (at least pre Februrary 11th), actually had a fault where the trunk would open without the fob in range - best double check.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well not sure why this got moved but I have not been able to get the car to reproduce the starting issue or run/drive without the key fob present.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts