Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Ariel I have a 2018 Challenger SXT it only has 5,200 MI I got into an accident I went head-on with a box truck my insurance didn't cover it so I was stuck fixing it myself all the body work is done the only problem I have is it tells me shift in to park then desired gear. Service transmission vehicle is not in park how do I fix all this I've tried everything any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Your insurance wouldn't cover this? Who do you use and have you thought of getting a lawyer?. Usually when the airbags are deployed, they usually total it. And it looks like a substantial front collision.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
with the severity of the damage - I can see the radiator / core support has been pushed back.

its possible that the wiring harness or the TIPM (power module in engine bay) has been damaged as it probably was affected by the collision damage

that extend of damage (and front airbags deployed) it a 5 digit repair bill if not a total loss

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
Wait, did you have full coverage? Who was cited? All the body work you got done, what about all the structural work? On the bright side, once you get it running it should not have a car fax, I would suggest unloading it. Do you have pics of the finished car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the body work is fixed body shop ripped me off the car turns on everything inside works fine I already got the ECU to get rebuilt they send it back the only problem I have is what I posted on top my next move is to get my airbag module and my abs module to get reset maybe that'll help and by the way the car is a lease so I can't return it. I want to keep it it's my first muscle car

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Wow, it's a lease and the insurance boned you? Man I am really at a loss over how that can happen. That is an interesting hood BTW. Why did your insurance not pay to fix the car, may I ask?
As for your module issues Alfa OBD may be able to help but I am sure the dealer could flash everything.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
Let's actually try to help this fellow instead of judging him.

It sounds like the shifter may have a communication error with the trans or the park cable could be broken, misadjusted or disconnected.

The first thing I'd do is look at the park cable release under the coin holder in the console and make sure it's clicked down all the way. It was probably pulled up to get the car into neutral when it was towed from the accident.

Then if that doesn't fix it, start trying to read codes with a scan tool.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
I self created that message on my car once. I disconnected the battery, then reconnected it, and turned the car on (didn't start it I think...) then I was able to move the shifter back to park. then the car went back to normal.

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I self created that message on my car once. I disconnected the battery, then reconnected it, and turned the car on (didn't start it I think...) then I was able to move the shifter back to park. then the car went back to normal.
I have seen it too. Seems I was messing around with the Park Release next to the shifter. Make sure that that is completely disengaged.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
View attachment 1005192 all the body work is fixed body shop ripped me off the car turns on everything inside works fine I already got the ECU to get rebuilt they send it back the only problem I have is what I posted on top my next move is to get my airbag module and my abs module to get reset maybe that'll help and by the way the car is a lease so I can't return it. I want to keep it it's my first muscle car
How were you ripped off, I'm just curious. I asked above about codes. Has the car been scanned with a good scanner? Nearly every car that comes in our shop with a hit like that will need to go to a dealer.

Under normal circumstances your car would have been a total loss.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait, did you have full coverage? Who was cited? All the body work you got done, what about all the structural work? On the bright side, once you get it running it should not have a car fax, I would suggest unloading it. Do you have pics of the finished car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not a total loss . I did all the work my self except for paint that the body shop ripped me off for 6,000 but everything else I did . Engine , mechanical, electrical, body work , everything is finished except for shift into park park then desired gear. Wasn't cheap and took a lot of patience. Full coverage but my insurance screwed me. With a loop hole

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not a total loss . I did all the work my self except for paint that the body shop ripped me off for 6,000 but everything else I did . Engine , mechanical, electrical, body work , everything is finished except for shift into park park then desired gear. Wasn't cheap and took a lot of patience. Full coverage but my insurance screwed me. With a loop hole
Sorry I can't give any words of wisdom but would like to know what insurance company so I can avoid them! Hope you find the issue...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts