Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the gym, someone tool my keys out of my bag in the locker room, opened my car, and left the keys in the drivers seat. They decided not to steal anything but it still happened.

I am now looking for some sort of security system. I'm thinking the viper 5902, anyone use this or have a similar system on their car??

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
That sucks But if they took your keys how would alarm system be helpful? I'm just curious I don't mean to be negative.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You aren't being negative, I completely agree.

I guess the thought with the security system is that I would keep the 2-way responder on me at all times. I think now that someone jacked my keys and got in my car, I will just feel better if I have some sort of security system. I feel like I will be worried if someone is going to do something to the ol' FF when I'm not around.

It will kind of give me an eye on my car without having my eye on the car.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds odd. Maybe it was a friend playing a joke on you?
I thought it was odd too. Thing is there were only 5 or so people in the gym, and none of them I knew.

And whoever it was went through my passenger door cause it was soaked from the downpour we were having

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dude...never leave your keys in your gym bag. Don't even leave them on the key hanger that a lot of gyms have. Either lock them up in a locker or keep them on your body...just saying. I never leave my keys anywhere...especially at the gym.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Sears once sold
A
Battery that you could turn off. I had it on my vette. I liked it but it killed the power to the whole car so to power a alarm wouldn't be possible.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude...never leave your keys in your gym bag. Don't even leave them on the key hanger that a lot of gyms have. Either lock them up in a locker or keep them on your body...just saying. I never leave my keys anywhere...especially at the gym.
Trust me it wont happen again! Dumb mistake....

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
never leave anything in a gym locker especialy your keys.
I once had 1800 bucks stolen from a gym locker.
Now i lock my stuff in my car and keep my keys with me in the gym

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's crazy how crazy people are, sad that honest people are few and far between these days :/

·
Registered
138 Posts
My keys are never out of my site at the gym. Hell, I don't even like bringing it to the gym due to the crowded parking. But the chicks love the car though. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Forget the gym......go get some ice Cream at 31 Flavors and you'll still pick up tons of chicks with the FF and a beer gut. This way you get everything except the 6-pack.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So any ideas on a good security system?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have the 5902 and some goodies, it is awesome. Pretty simple install for the most part too. If your local I'd be willing to put it in for you and show you how it works.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
He could have been afraid of being easily spotted driving around in a FF Challenger... the color might have saved you in this case, just saying.

Most gyms have surveillance cameras for protecting patrons coming & going - inquire if they have parking lot video.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
check the video.

Where was this at?

I GO TO A SMALL GYM IN MY TOWN OUT IN THE BOONIES. AND WE HAVE VIDEO CAMERAS.

oops, sorry for the caps

1 - 20 of 42 Posts