Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what's the best wax to use on my Purple Plum Crazy Challenger with white stripes. I have 10 different waxes at home but none of them recommended using the product on decals ect.
Any recommendations would be helpful. I only hand wash my car and I live outside of Cincinnati Ohio so we get all kinds of weather conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I have white stripes on my purple Challenger. I use sealant and polish on the stripes, just like the car. I've had no issues in 3.5 years.

Attachments

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,313 Posts
I have had no issues with any Collinite product and my vinyl....but my vinyl doesn’t have a matte finish.

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
I never use paste wax anymore. Gets residual all over the place. For years now I’ve been using a product called pro long. It’s a spray on and wipe off wax that has incredible protection properties. Look it up online you’ll love it! Brian.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Can anyone tell me what's the best wax to use on my Purple Plum Crazy Challenger with white stripes. I have 10 different waxes at home but none of them recommended using the product on decals ect.
Any recommendations would be helpful. I only hand wash my car and I live outside of Cincinnati Ohio so we get all kinds of weather conditions.
I have plum Crazy Car and I only use Turtle Wax ice Its awesome both the wash and the spray wax I will use nothing else as it has proven itself on all 3 challengers I have owned

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
840 Posts
Just had car washed and usually spray Lucas Slick Mist on after each wash and wipe down...Today I really sprayed it on heavy and while really wet took my Mother's 2.0 Speed Clay Bar for a particle remove, then wipe down...Surface is slick as goose shit on a linoleum floor...
Not a recommend but what I do...FWIW

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’ve been using 303 Spray Sealant which works great, you can use it on paint, plastic trim, vinyl stripes, and glass but it’s about $25 a bottle. Though it takes a whole 5 minutes to do my car. I typically use Meguiars Ultimate Synthetic Liquid on my stripes. It does add a satin sheen and no white residue which is good and doesn’t state you can use it on stripes. There are tons of off label use for car cleaning products you just have to use common sense for the most part. I try to use as little amount of different chemicals as possible. I detail on the side and it’s easy to fall down the product rabbit hole and end up with 20+ products. I had to do a purge years ago.

Good rule of thumb though, waxes typically only last a year or two after opening and keep it in an air controlled environment not the garage. The heat will eventually break down the ingredients.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,184 Posts
Been using these since 2004, the best IMOP.

https://adamspolishes.com/

Just try it, stuff that works sells itself...……………..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have plum Crazy Car and I only use Turtle Wax ice Its awesome both the wash and the spray wax I will use nothing else as it has proven itself on all 3 challengers I have owned
+1 on the turtle wax ICE products

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,188 Posts
I use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax as well. It's synthetic, doesn't leave any residue behind. Very easy to apply and remove. Excellent deep shine.

On top of that, I use Lucas Slick Mist, which is a spray detailer wax. I put a few coats of that on after the Meguiars, looks great!

I've heard good things about Zaino products as well, but have never used them personally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts