Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the forums for a few hours now and I can’t seem to find the cause of my issue. I was driving to the store one afternoon and my car felt like it was about to stall when I was coming to a stop. So I pulled off and turned it off and on again and my problem was gone. The next day I tried driving it to work and this time my problem was a lot worse and I couldn’t drive it more than 10 feet without it stalling. Today I checked some fuses to see if that was the issue and now it will turn over and it will fire a couple cylinders and then nothing. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the relay and still nothing. It seems like it’s getting spark at intermittent times and it sounds like it wants to start up but then dies out.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Might be cam or crank position sensor. Had a grand prix that would get intermittent spark, would try to start, and it was the crank sensor. Are you getting any codes? If you don't have a scan tool I highly recommend getting AlfaOBD and a compatible OBD interface.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m getting no codes on the scanner and when it fails to start the low oil light comes on.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Check fuel pressure, one sure fire way to no sure fire with no codes.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Fuel pump is a possibility. In the case of a suspected fuel pump a tech would -- based on what I observed one do -- disconnect the fuel pump from the car's wiring harness and connect 12V shop power to the fuel pump and see if the fuel pump runs.

If it runs then the fuse and relay would be tested and eliminated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I just disconnected my fuel pumps because I have the fore innovations kit and the fuel pumps are good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So now I feel dumb now. My buddy told me hey you put gas in it and I thought yes it has a 1/4 of a tank in it, long story short I put a gallon in it and it fired right up. So I took it to the gas station thinking it had just a faulty fuel sensor but the car only took 13 gallons instead of the 19 it is supposed to have ( I know I already put a gallon in it). Would this be a symptom of the passenger side fuel pump going out?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Sounds like maybe fuel level sensor on driver and/or passenger side pump are messed up and maybe passenger side pump is not working either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts