Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to gettting a picture of a couple of things I have done on the front of my Chally. SRT windsheild banner blends in and red scoop inserts stand out.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Really like the CF SRT Banner! Nice! The red inserts, I like.... but I don't know if I'm sold on that bright of a red... I think I would actually prefer them in a little darker, metallic red.. Sort of how the back panel used to be painted on black Pontiac's (68) not quite burgundy.

Does that make any sense?

Very nice work!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks pretty nice...scoops really pop!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I was thinking about doing my scoops in a brushed aluminum look. I need to photoshop some things, and start spraying.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
I really like your CF windshield banner too.
Where did you find it?
I was thinking of doing red on my inserts, but only the mesh center part.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
The stripes look great with the banner. But the scoops are too bright for my taste, the red makes them look kind of cheap in my opinion. I think it would look best if the inside "honeycomb" part of the scoop insert was red and the outer part was left black.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The scoops really look as though they were painted. Very cheap-looking on a nice car, they stick out like two sore thumbs.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a local shop make the SRT banner in a carbon fiber decal material they had. AutoTrim design of Idaho Falls, Id. The inserts I painted myself using plastic bonding primer, then automotive paint and then sealed in clear coat. They still look good and have not peeled or changed in 2 years. I like the way the color makes the hood pop. I get a lot of positive compliments on the inserts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts