Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
They look good. I just did mine as well. Center console was a breeze but the radio trim is a pain. Got it done but have a couple small blemishes. Think I will try it again, have enough for 2 more tries. Its my first real attempt at vinyl. Maybe the OP has some tips on how to attack that piece. Not a bad upgrade for 7 bucks and a few hours.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i did this also.. did you use the 3m type film... there is a guy on ebay that sells PRE CUT pcs that stick right over all of this as well. i got a few items from him for my doors and they are nice.

the radio bezel is a PAIN as stated

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great work... I was looking at us1champ and what he did in an older post.... I'm thinking this will be my next weekend mod... :headbang2:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
hey kondo

it isn't bad.. just make sure you buy plenty of extra film as you will mess it up i promise.. it took me several tries.. the radio bezel is the only real pain in the a$$.. the rest is cake

·
Registered
456 Posts
attempt number 2, What a pain in tha A$$! I give myself a B+ on the Radio trim. Seat heater buttons were the hardest area. ended up cutting small strips, put them inside the holes first then smoothed the whole sheet over. I layed the vinyl down then started with the circle area and worked to the edges. Not a bad result. I think I will put this in the interior thread too. Heat and patience are what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Wow I like it all. I want to do this. Where do I find this material and what is it called.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
How did you guys do this?? I am guessing you took the parts off, applied the vinyl, then cut it from the backside with an exacto knife???

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts