Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carbon Fiber Hood for 2008-2014 Dodge Challenger $1079.10

One of the biggest things people talk about with the Dodge Challenger is the overall weight. Lower the weight of your Challenger with the light weight Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Hood. It is easy to replace your current hood, you will be using the factory hardware to install your new Carbon Fiber hood.

Every component is constructed with a consistent weave pattern.Anderson Composites production processes allow exceptional carbon/resin ratio, creating high product stiffness that also leads to extra strength. For a stunning finish, our products are coated with a glossy clear coat that does not chip or flake. Anderson Composites meticulously inspect all of their components and stand firmly behind their products so that you can enjoy peace of mind with every genuine Anderson Composites product.

*MESH SCREEN IS REMOVABLE & PAINTABLE

*STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF A HEAT SHIELD

*ANDERSON COMPOSITES DOES NOT SUGGEST RE-INSTALLING GAS SHOCKS/DAMPERS/STRUTS

Carbon Fiber Hood for 2008-2014 Dodge Challenger | PFYC

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wonder what the weight savings is? We have aluminum hoods already.

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have the numbers for the Challenger hood but the 2017 Camaro COPO hood weighs 18.8 lbs and the ZL1 hood weighs 15.5 lbs.
So my guess is there are a few lbs that the carbon fiber hood will take off of your car even with an aluminum hood to start with.

ZL1 Hood 15.5 lbs

COPO Hood 18.8 lbs

·
Registered
336 Posts
It's a beautiful looking hood but be aware..... My son obtained an Anderson hood for his 2012 Challenger. The clear coating is very thick and brittle around the washer nozzle openings. The openings are too small for the OEM parts to snap back in even with proper prep and can result in the clear chipping around the opening. Anderson's customer service (based on one phone call with no physical inspection) "firmly stood behind" their position that the professional installer did not properly install the washer nozzles.

The installation was eventually completed satisfactorily but just be aware that extreme care should be taken with washer nozzle installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts