Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The hood weighs approximately the same as the stock hood. The trunk lid weighs significantly less than the stock lid.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Yes, our hoods are already fairly light as it's made from aluminum. The trunk lid is steel.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The cf hood is probably 10lbs lighter than the stocker. The trunk on the other hand is more like 30lbs lighter

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^^^nonsense.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Nando, did you go for the full carbon fiber hood or the carbon fiber and fiberglass inside? The full carbon fiber (race only) hood weighs in at around 8lbs according to Carbon by Design.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
RoostKing, thanks for the compliment. I'l try to dig up some more pics. Bottoms up!

SnakePitt, I went with Seibons CF exterior/Fiberglass interior. At the time they did not offer a full CF hood. Even if they did, I dont think I could have afforded it. Pricey stuff.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
The stock hood is very light already. The carbon hood from us is about 8 lbs lighter than stock. On the other hand the trunk is very heavy stock. Our trunk is half the weight of a stock one. We can put together a package deal for you on the hood and trunk just give me a call. I always take care of fellow forum members.

Travis
760-643-1300

·
Registered
18 Posts
carbon fiber for race cars only?

we can make pure carbon hoods but that is for race track only cars. The normal ones we sell are backed with fiberglass.

Travis
760-643-1300
travis, why is carbon fiber used for race cars only and the fiberglass with carbon fiber for street car mods? Is this price only or a structural difference only recommended for racing? Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts
carbon fiber for race cars only?

travis, why is carbon fiber used for race cars only and the fiberglass with carbon fiber for street car mods? Is this price only or a structural difference only recommended for racing? Thanks.
Probably has to do with the bracing for the hood. Most of the time, CF race hoods are pinned on (no brackets) and don't need the support for going up and down on a hood hinge. They are usually unpinned and then lifted off so they don't need the extra support.

That's just my guess though and Travis can more than likely give you a better answer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts