Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No to highjack - but my '16 has sort of a honeycomb design. IMO it is more attractive than the silver on the newer cars. Was this standard or part of a package?
My '16 had the honeycomb design... it was pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
My '16 had the honeycomb design... it was pretty nice.
The honeycomb design was called "Hectic mesh". It was part of the plus package.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
613 Posts

·
Registered
19 scat pack triple nickel
122 Posts
The hectic/honeycomb design is my favorite. The silver/gray in my 2019 scat is fine though.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,376 Posts
I agree, I loved the hectic mesh with the little holes in my 2015 Charger, my 2018 Scat has the brushed metal look, also very nice. Personally, I don't like carbon fiber as a decoration, and I despise fake carbon fiber. I'd rather have fake wood, why imitate a constructed materiel, imitate nature.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'd rather have fake wood
Agreed. I kinda wonder how fake wood would look in one of these modern Mopars. Looked pretty damn good in the classic ones! And today, they make some pretty convincing fake materials... could even be better than the old ones.

Interior.jpg

My favorite fake wood dash was in the '68 Mercury Montego/Cyclone. I thought it was pretty attractive for fake wood.

Cherry68i.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the Carbon Bezels are designed by the same company that did the Carbon Bezels for the Grand Cherokee SRT and Hellcats.... there are more than likely going to be delamination problems.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
204 Posts
My favorite fake wood dash was in the '68 Mercury Montego/Cyclone. I thought it was pretty attractive for fake wood.
While it looks so fake now, it was part of the charm of these cars.
Any more pics of the Cyclone? My friend has a '69 Drag Pack SCJ 428 4 speed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The red '68 Montego was a car on my wish list that I had been watching. Just before I was going to pull the trigger on buying in, I came across a 77 F150 that I wanted more... or actually needed more because I use a truck a lot around here. So the Merc got passed on and I have a truck instead (which is currently getting a new paint job as I type this). Then not long later, I bought an '82 124 Spider, and then soon after that, a '71 Charger SE... so the Spider had to go. During all this juggling around of classic rides, I've gone thru 2 new Challengers, and now this green '20 Scat Pack is my 3rd one.

Cherry68b.jpg
Cherry68c.jpg
Cherry68d.jpg
20171105_105006.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,376 Posts
Yeah, that burl walnut or whatever is sharp. My previous 2 Cadillac SRXs had real wood, DARK grey, Ravenwood maybe? It was super sharp in the sunlight, the grain looked 3D, that would look awesome in a Challenger. My 2012 JGC Overland has real wood on dash, doors, steering wheel, it is nice too, might be OK in a Challenger, then add in a matching wood pistol grip, and rock the town. I think this is some of the black real wood that was in it. It was super sharp.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
While it looks so fake now, it was part of the charm of these cars.
Any more pics of the Cyclone? My friend has a '69 Drag Pack SCJ 428 4 speed
a lot of models - if it didn't have the higher trim level / woodgrain - it was textured black plastic.

The woodgrain dressed it up.

In higher end cars there was actual wood veneers used (Lincoln and Buick did in the 60s at times (maybe Cadillac as well), but in the mass production models, is was applique'.

European cars used wood veneers throughout the decades - the trend is now metal finishes or CF, and some offer wood veneers as options...

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
204 Posts
Previous to my Challenger I had a '70 442 that had a vinyl burlwood that looks similar to what I have now in my Caddy CT6

a lot of models - if it didn't have the higher trim level / woodgrain - it was textured black plastic.

The woodgrain dressed it up.

In higher end cars there was actual wood veneers used (Lincoln and Buick did in the 60s at times (maybe Cadillac as well), but in the mass production models, is was applique'.

European cars used wood veneers throughout the decades - the trend is now metal finishes or CF, and some offer wood veneers as options...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts