·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
971 Posts
Great idea! Thanks for including the parts used. Gonna add this to my list. Did the top hooks come with the net?

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Bringing an old post back to life... I absolutely needed some sort of envelope-style net in my 2018 GT for when I need to carry some small items in the trunk (items bought at stores, etc). Was worried I would have to "engineer" something, but it was actually super-simple... Bought this $10 envelope-style net from Amazon, thinking that I'd somehow have to attach the included hardware to the trunk:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075B6RVYW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But in the end, I simply removed the plastic things holding the top of the taillights in, put the top net loop on it and then tightened the plastic nut thing back down. Did that on each side of the trunk. Done. I now have an envelope-style net back there to carry small stuff so it doesn't roll around in the trunk. Way easier than I was expecting... :)

Didn't need to connect the bottom net loops to anything since it's an envelope-style net. I just put thing inside the net, so no need to secure the bottom loops (I have an envelope-style net in the Impala as well and it doesn't even have loops on the bottom).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bringing an old post back to life... I absolutely needed some sort of envelope-style net in my 2018 GT for when I need to carry some small items in the trunk (items bought at stores, etc). Was worried I would have to "engineer" something, but it was actually super-simple... Bought this $10 envelope-style net from Amazon, thinking that I'd somehow have to attach the included hardware to the trunk:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075B6RVYW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But in the end, I simply removed the plastic things holding the top of the taillights in, put the top net loop on it and then tightened the plastic nut thing back down. Did that on each side of the trunk. Done. I now have an envelope-style net back there to carry small stuff so it doesn't roll around in the trunk. Way easier than I was expecting... :)

Didn't need to connect the bottom net loops to anything since it's an envelope-style net. I just put thing inside the net, so no need to secure the bottom loops (I have an envelope-style net in the Impala as well and it doesn't even have loops on the bottom).
This could be just the ticket. Could you post some pics? Or is it similar to the OP's?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sure - let me take a few pictures and post them. Give me a few mins...

Here are some pics:

I guess if you really wanted to, you could poke a small hole in the trunk liner and connect the bottom loops to one of the black plastic retainer that are behind the trunk liner. For my uses, I don't see the need to...

Literally takes 2 minutes to "install". :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sure - let me take a few pictures and post them. Give me a few mins...

Here are some pics:

I guess if you really wanted to, you could poke a small hole in the trunk liner and connect the bottom loops to one of the black plastic retainer that are behind the trunk liner. For my uses, I don't see the need to...

Literally takes 2 minutes to "install". :)
Copy that! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts