Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the painted black rims that come with the Sinister package.. And I wasn't sure if there was something extra I should do to take care of them. Do I treat them the same as I would the body paint ? (wash, dry, clay, wax) Any other tips ?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If the rims are truly painted and not powder coated then the recommendation is really to wash then thoroughly every time you wash the car with a good wheel brush.

I take my wheels off my girl when I put her away for the winter and do a really good scrub, clay bar (using an old bar that I don't want to use on the body any longer, and then apply 2 - 3 coats of good carnuba wax. If your car is a daily driver then I would recommend doing these steps at least twice a year. It makes getting the dirt and brake dust off the wheels way easier. You can always tell when they need to be waxed again as the brake dust starts sticking more.

Also, as I am not familiar with the wheels you mention, if they have any chrome do not apply the wax to those parts. Only apply wax to the actual painted areas.

Reactions: Shank

·
Registered
285 Posts
I do something similar, but unlike the body, I use a synthetic sealer, such as blacklight on the wheels. It lasts longer and is not as heat sensitive. Then you can get a spray, I use V2, and wipe down the wheels after washing the car. When "waxed" I find that I can just get away with a microfiber cloth to remove the brake dust and dirt, and then get rid of the water/anything missed with the V2 and microfiber. Brushes can create scratches.

Reactions: Shank
1 - 3 of 3 Posts