Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than Uconnect 8.4 issues & paper think paint my 2017 Challenger GT has been a great ownership experience the past 4 years & 92K miles. 3 weeks ago we had the Challenger all packed up for a road trip until I started the car ( all was good 1hr earlier) and the Uconnect was black. A battery disconnect recovered it except my Nav being off by over 100 miles. My 2010 Challenger SRT8 had Uconnect issues / random engine shutting off while driving. I took this as a sign to let the car go while car prices are so high. CarMax gave me $19K and took about 40mins with no hassle. Local dealerships were only offering $13-15K.

I've owner ever gen of the Camaro except current so time to get back into a Camaro, ZL1. I do see a Hellcat Redeye in my future.

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Other than Uconnect 8.4 issues & paper think paint my 2017 Challenger GT has been a great ownership experience the past 4 years & 93K miles. 3 weeks ago we had the Challenger all packed up for a road trip until I started the car ( all was good 1hr earlier) and the Uconnect was black. A battery disconnect recovered it except my Nav being off by over 100 miles. My 2010 Challenger SRT8 had Uconnect issues / random engine shutting off while driving. I took this as a sign to let the car go while car prices are so high. CarMax gave me $19K and took about 40mins with no hassle. Local dealerships were only offering $13-15K.

I've owner ever gen of the Camaro expect current so time to get back into a Camaro, ZL1. I do see a Hellcat Redeye in my future.
Good luck, think you’ll miss the bigger car?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good luck, think you’ll miss the bigger car?
I will miss the Challenger's great road manners & the AWD really came in handy. Not having a V8 in the GT what hard for me. The exhaust note is a big deal for me. I have a 2014 SS Sedan (6.2L LS3 V8) for my "bigger" car. My 2500 Suburban is for those bigger needs. LOL

Let’s see a picture of that offer.
The first online quote from CarMax 2 weeks ago was $16,800 and could go up to $18,100 based on actual appraisal. The 2nd online quote was $18,700 subject to change due to actual appraisal with a note saying current market conditions allowed them to make a higher than excellent offer. When the appraiser got done looking at my car she said "What a beautiful car" so I knew it would be good. Carvana only offered $14,800. My car looked like new inside & out. Posting a pic of the offer is pointless as they can be easily faked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts