Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack Widebody
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Scat Pack Widebody Challenger 6 speed manual.
I am wondering if I need to remove Front Seats or Console to remove the carpet? I have successfully removed the back seat and want to know if I can simply start pulling out the main carpet? If anybody has done this can you share a pic of it? Wires, tape or anything I need to know about thats under there that will need attention?
thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Not that easy looks like. Go to the Chilton Online Manual

2018> Dodge> Challenger (2019 and 2020 no repair info yet, only bulletins, should be the same)

Repair> Body> Interior> Carpet> Removal
NOTE
The front floor carpet consists of two components, one for the driver side and one for the passenger side. These carpets can be removed and installed separately.

Good luck

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
seats will have to be removed to get carpet out. there's a lot of wire harnesses that run along the floor.

Note: its going to be noisy inside - the carpet has backing for sound insulation. The dual fuel tank pumps will be something you'll hear and it will sound kind of like a waterfall in the distance. And most every bit of gravel on the road - you'll hear that and a lot of tire /road noise.

It sounds like you might be prepping for a track car, which wouldn't be that much of an issue - as a daily driver, its another thing with all the noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. remove front seat bolts 4 on each there a special star bit
2. move seats to rear most position if there powered, and pull headrest for easy removal
3. remove side plastic kick so you don't scratch them on seat removal
4. Disconnect battery so you wont get an airbag light, then disconnect the two harnesses under each seat and pull them out of the car
5. Shifter needs removed and the cover around it clips may be tight, remove the silver trim thing around cup holders and climate control again clips may be tight.
6. center console has 7 mm bolts behind climate control, and 10 mm bolts next to where the seats where behind plastic covers. Then undo a few wire harnesses and remove center console.
7. Remove back half carpet, front carpet is separate for each side and is hung on a metal bracket. 10 mm bolt and slide carpet up and over the lip your good to remove.

Just did my sound system last week and am a professional installer, if you have any questions let me know or if your local to central ohio I can help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts