Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
I talked with the organizer of this event, and he says it is getting TOO big for the existing parking lot. I wonder what the plans are?

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I talked with the organizer of this event, and he says it is getting TOO big for the existing parking lot. I wonder what the plans are?
Its not like that all the time - for example, this past weekend was ~ 35-40% full...

There were two events - the car show in Sherwood and the Rose Cup Races at PIR.

The attendance varies a bit...it gets busy when the first warm / non rainy days appear and then it can taper off.
(PIR / Beaches is much the same behavior I've observed for the past 5 years)

The key thing is getting there early - 9am. There's not too many places with parking lots that are large and available and not in use on a Saturday.

If a club does a drive to C & C first before their event, its going to fill up quickly.

They used to be at Bridgeport Mall and the risk of Mommy Missiles (aka mini vans) became a cause for concern since someone would sail up next to a vintage/collector/custom/special interest car with little regard to nearly hitting or dinging a participant's car...

C & C used to have to clear out by 9:40am at the former location as the stores in the mall opened up at 10am and the aforementioned 'clients' with the driving/parking habits would start showing up...

Well, the Dodge folks are in the area, I wonder if they will show up one of these some Saturday, a 2015 Dodge Challenger. Who knows WHAT model they might bring!

A picture from last Wednesday: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

If they have one of these, you know they have others with them in the Portland area..........:popblood:

The Dodge Boys are in town. Fact.

Who knows their shedule?

Perhaps Mopar Nationals Woodburn.

For sure for challenger talk and dyno runs in 10 days, as confirmed by dealers etc.

This Saturday?

Tigard C&C, mostly Euro exotics. Yawn.

Cascade C&C, muscle cars, who knows what.

Dodge Boys, this Sat choice is yours....

The Dodge Boys are in town. Fact.

Who knows their shedule?

Perhaps Mopar Nationals Woodburn.

For sure for challenger talk and dyno runs in 10 days, as confirmed by dealers etc.

This Saturday?

Tigard C&C, mostly Euro exotics. Yawn.

Cascade C&C, muscle cars, who knows what.

Dodge Boys, this Sat choice is yours....
tommyroadrunner, are you a PDX Challenger member? If so, you would've read this on our Facebook page:

this is what we were told by the Dodge Challenger Brand Manager, Loren Trotter, which is public knowledge: Dodge has rented PIR next Tuesday thru Thursday for a closed press event. He specifically mentioned this: "The Hellcat is scheduled to run on the track next Wednesday from 3 to 4 PM." Interesting, the Beaches Cruise In starts at 4 pm. You already know what Hal and I suggested, he said he would ask, but made no promises as to whether we could have an extra special Challenger in our midst on Wednesday. He also stated the Dodge team will be here for 3 weeks, as of today. Also noted on www.challengertalk.com is that Flat Top, a CTalk Super Moderator, has been invited to drive the Hellcat on July 22 and 23 AT Woodburn. The Woodburn Mopar Nationals is July 20th. Coincidence? I think not. This is all top secret, okay? Oh shoot, we're on Challengertalk.

Here's a picture of Loren, in the drivers seat of an R/T, bs'in with someone here from Challengertalk: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Performance car

:blueblob:

www.PDXCHALLENGERS.com (80 members strong) has extended the offer of being a gracious host to them, and offered our extensive local knowledge to them as to where to go and what to do in town. :banger:

Discussion starter · #26 ·
tommyroadrunner, are you a PDX Challenger member?
Tom is a PDX Challenger member - he has an '09 R/T the black one with red highlight grille outline, HEMI hood badges in red and the tail light "DODGE" letters in red...

Reactions: bigdaddy
No Hellcat sighting at C&C today. Maybe next week.

Look what showed up on 7/19, a Hellcat and a R/T with the Scat Pack package! Thanks Dodge, the place was buzzing about the cars.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle

Sounds like a group of PDX MoparLX folks are going to visit the Tigard Cars and Coffee tomorrow, 9-6-14! Stop by and say "Hey!"

:guiness::guiness::guiness::fight:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Sounds like a group of PDX MoparLX folks are going to visit the Tigard Cars and Coffee tomorrow, 9-6-14! Stop by and say "Hey!"

:guiness::guiness::guiness::fight:
...and I'll add:

Since we're getting late into Summer (while this weather lasts...) its beneficial to get there early (before 9am) as this location is pretty popular (we've had 300 cars of all sorts...) so that you aren't stuck out in the "deep space" fringes of the outer lots.

Its going to be a hot one tomorrow - 95* is the forecast so it will be plenty warm later in the a.m.

This picture (courtesy of RWL11) is back in July when a few of our new friends from Chrysler brought out a pair of '15s while they were holding the Challenger press event in Portland:

Attachments

Weather forecast for this Saturday is saying "Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 56". Let's see some Challengers there!

Looks like some PDX Mopar LX members are going to Cascade Cars and Coffee Saturday November 15th. Google Cascade Cars and Coffee and you will find their website. Julie will have her 2015 Scat Pack there!

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Looks like some PDX Mopar LX members are going to Cascade Cars and Coffee Saturday November 15th. Google Cascade Cars and Coffee and you will find their website. Julie will have her 2015 Scat Pack there!
For anyone that heads out - dress warmly.

The overnight low tonight will be 24*F and the Tigard / Lake Oswego area is a pocket that stays very cold in the Winter. Not a weekend for shorts or sandals...

PDX Mopar LX joing the Angels Toy Run!

On Saturday, December 13th, PDX Mopar LX members will be collecting new, unwrapped toys or gift cards until 9 am, at which time they will roll out to meet the Angels Toy Run at Portland Meadows Race Track, 1001 N Schmeer Rd, Portland, OR 97217, by 9:30 am.
Everyone is invited to join us for the Toy Run if you wish to deliver your donation yourself!

For those who cannot make the Toy Run event, PDX Mopar LX members will be collecting new, unwrapped toys or gift cards on Saturday November 29th, December 6th at both Cars and Coffee locations, Stop by between 8 am to 11 am. Look for the nice, smiling people in late model Challengers, Chargers, Magnums or 300’s.

The Toy Run will roll out from Portland Meadows at 10:00 am, with everyone meeting at the Randall Children’s Hospital parking lot, where they have reserved two floors in the parking lot for our cars. We will be dropping off the toys inside, and enjoying coffee and donuts and Holiday cheer with the patients and staff.
Randall Children’s Hospital 2801 N Gantenbein Ave, Portland, OR 97227

Please stop by the Portland/Tigard Cars and Coffee for the toy drive collection event! See the posting above.

Will love to join you guys for a weekend once my SRT gets here. Last check it just pulled out of Chicago. I would be coming from Kennewick.
Hey! Check out PDX Mopar LX on Facebook if you can. 165 members with Challengers, Chargers, Magnums and 300's. We were formerly known as PDX Challengers + , but with all the Chargers that were showing up, we decided to expand.

www.PDXMoparLX.com will be up and running soon, too. We do have some other members out in the eastern Gorge area, keep in touch!

:guiness:

6 PDX Mopar LX members showed up at Tigard, 17 showed up at Cascade, and 2 joined us there at Portland Meadows, for a total of 25 cars. Thanks for coming out, and check out the size of the pile of toys!

Thanks for helping out! :guiness:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Automotive design

Event Community Public space Christmas Crowd

If you want to check out the nice variety of cars at this C&C, do it soon, because if the same kind of dirt bags keep showing up, it could get shut down. An SRT Charger was video taped doing a smoky burnout attempt as he left, and lost control and veered into the oncoming lane. Had there been a car coming the other way, it coulda been disastrous. Luckily, this jerk is NOT a member of the PDX MoparLX club I help run, so are not being tarnished by his actions. He is banned from this event for life.
We were able to track him down via Instagram, because he had attended our club meeting a week before. His account was peppered with comments about his lousy driving skills, and he promptly set it to private.

Wow, last Saturday was PACKED! They guesstimated over 300 cars were there. The main lot was full, and they made the rest park across the street. That overflow lot must've had 100 cars! This is getting big.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.