Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cars & Coffee - Portland/Tigard area - every Saturday

16K views 45 replies 8 participants last post by  RWL11 
#1 · (Edited)
Note : location has changed (May 2015)

Its now at World of Speed, Wilsonville

Here's also the Facebook link:
Cars & Coffee Portland | Facebook

With that being the case - I'm looking for other C & C events...
-this one has "lost the feel" that made it enjoyable.

Coupled with the distance (40mi round trip from Portland).

If I find another C & C event thats done well, I'll put up another thread.

#37 ·
Hey! Check out PDX Mopar LX on Facebook if you can. 165 members with Challengers, Chargers, Magnums and 300's. We were formerly known as PDX Challengers + , but with all the Chargers that were showing up, we decided to expand.

www.PDXMoparLX.com will be up and running soon, too. We do have some other members out in the eastern Gorge area, keep in touch!

:guiness:

#38 ·
6 PDX Mopar LX members showed up at Tigard, 17 showed up at Cascade, and 2 joined us there at Portland Meadows, for a total of 25 cars. Thanks for coming out, and check out the size of the pile of toys!

Thanks for helping out! :guiness:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Automotive design

Event Community Public space Christmas Crowd

#39 ·
If you want to check out the nice variety of cars at this C&C, do it soon, because if the same kind of dirt bags keep showing up, it could get shut down. An SRT Charger was video taped doing a smoky burnout attempt as he left, and lost control and veered into the oncoming lane. Had there been a car coming the other way, it coulda been disastrous. Luckily, this jerk is NOT a member of the PDX MoparLX club I help run, so are not being tarnished by his actions. He is banned from this event for life.
We were able to track him down via Instagram, because he had attended our club meeting a week before. His account was peppered with comments about his lousy driving skills, and he promptly set it to private.

#40 ·
Wow, last Saturday was PACKED! They guesstimated over 300 cars were there. The main lot was full, and they made the rest park across the street. That overflow lot must've had 100 cars! This is getting big.

#41 ·
this location / event is suspended - due to the ever increasing turnout (350+ cars) the organizers decided its time to find a new location.

Its anticipated to have a new site announced mid-May once it has been sourced and all the details settled out...

#42 ·
Looks like May 16 is the date for the new location. Check back for details, for they will not announce the location until a few days before.

#43 · (Edited)
PDX MoparLX will be meeting up at the Bridgeport Park and Ride off of I-5, exit 290, on the west side of the highway. Meet up around 8:00 am, roll out about 8:20ish to the new location, the World of Speed Museum, by 8:30. This will be Saturday May 16th. We hope to see you there!

#44 ·
#45 ·
I'm researching other C&C events around in the area - Wilsonville just doesn't have the "vibe / feel" of the former Tigard location.

I spent 1/2 hour there a couple of weekends ago and left - it was boring and getting stuck into a remote lot reinforced how the 'changes' weren't for the better.

#46 · (Edited)
http://www.pdxcarculture.com/Events.aspx

This listing shows 6 to choose from! I think I am going to hit Cascade again this week. Another CTalk member, ThinkingAboutIt, just got his Scat Pack yesterday, I told him to stop by, show it off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.