Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
welcome to the forum Charlie:)

This topic, or some variation of it has been discussed about a gazillion times here....well, almost a gazillion, lol. Try the search button and be prepared to have your head spin since there are several choices to pick from and many opinions as well. It will come down to personal taste; one persons meat is anothers poison, so to speak. Check out youtube and listen to sound clips, that should help you a bit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate it.. just spent 90+ minutes doing just that. Narrowed to Zoomers or Corsa..
I should do headers also??? Any idea on which performance chip to get.... the best

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Geez, am I the ONLY ONE who thinks the Meisterschaft exhaust is the best sounding??

Before you decide, here's a link with lots of sound clips. Listen to them all, then decide which sounds the best.

Happy listening..

http://www.challengernut.com/exhaust-guide

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Love my Corsa! Nearly all the others have pros and cons, but I am not aware of anyone not happy with their Corsa's. You have to wait for any exhaust to season a bit as they all change a bit over time. The Corsa gets quite a bit louder after a few months.

Predator or Trinity is the programmer of choice (are there really any others???)

Headers become a bigger deal as you go into bigger mods, but the SRT shorties are fine with bolt-ons.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just cut off the mufflers in front of the axle and straight pipr and leave the rear resonators by the tips on. Louder, better flow, no drone and best of all $50-$75 at a muffler shop.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just cut off the mufflers in front of the axle and straight pipr and leave the rear resonators by the tips on. Louder, better flow, no drone and best of all $50-$75 at a muffler shop.
I considered doing this on my R/T Auto but I've heard it barely changes the exhaust tone at all. Does it make it that much louder?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
At idle and normal driving not much louder hard to describe. At WOT way louder outside of car.

The more miles the louder it becomes, it's almost like the resonators go through a break-in period.

Hemi Orange (a member) was one of the first guys to do this. Maybe shoot him a pm. He also had a sound clip about a year or so ago.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i went with the magnaflow competition series p/n 16885...sound was exactly what i wanted. doesnt flutter or sound raspy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does a high flow cat back exhaust void the warranty and has anybody put this on their SRT8 if so which one did you go with? I bought a zoomers exhaust which I believe I will be happy with and Zoomers put in writing if I was not they would give me my money back. I want to do this once and am inquiring if I should also change the cat converters also.
Charlie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts