Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lifetime warranty on my new 14 SRT8 Core, will a Zoomers Cat Back system void my warranty. It says something about modifying the emissions system will void the warranty? Also is the Zoomers smog legal in California.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't void the warranty.. The dealer has the prove that the exhaust was the reason for a part failure..

Under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541, you have rights.

This legislation basically states that:

In order for a dealer/manufacturer to deny a warranty on a claimed part, they must PROVE that the part YOU installed/had installed DIRECTLY caused the failure of the part on which you’re claiming the warranty.

·
Vendor
12,323 Posts
cat back and cold air system will not affect warranty

anything more can potentially affect the warranty

void is a big word, restrict is much more accurate

dont put the too much faith in the magnuson act, the onus is on the consumer to prove that the modifications didnt cause the failure.....dm's will restrict the warranty and will be up to the consumer to prove the failure non related

dont bash me thats reality

tuning, throttle bodies, headers, force inductions, camshaft replacement, etc will have the potential to restrict your warranty

and its only fair, speed cost money, when warranty fraud occurs, we all pay for that cost

luke

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
It sounds like you have an extended service plan on top of your warranty. Keep in mind that is different than a warranty.

Magnusson moss is for warranty issues. It does not cover service plans. Service plans can put down any restrictions they want. That is why you have to agree to the terms when you purchase it.

Check the language in your service plan. See if it contains anything that would cover this kind of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts