Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever run into a warranty issue after installing a Cat Back. I think I have settled on the Cherry Bomb Cat Back setup but I don't wanna run into any warranty issues. I know it shouldn't be a problem, just want to see if anyone has had any warranty nightmares.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
The service manager were I got my car said it wasn't a problem for me to have my Solo cat backs. But for some reason Dodge doesn't set a standard for dealerships to go by. Some like and sell predators and some say they will void your warranty if you use one. I think it will be the same with exhausts.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The only thing a catback will affect warranty wise, is the exhaust itself, a dealer isn't going to care if you change a muffler out or not. I've never had a dealer complain about an upgraded exhaust system or threaten to deny any warranty coverage for them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue - the only thing that should be "voided" - as others have mentioned - is the portion of the exhaust system behind the cats ("cat back"). That's obviously not OEM any longer, so if the cat-back system failed in any way, Dodge won't be on the hook for a defective aftermarket part. The exception would likely be the MOPAR aftermarket cat back, which I think is actually made by one of the leading aftermarket exhaust companys.

But, short of having an exhaust leak in the "plumbing" or a muffler/resonator problem, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong with a cat back system to begin with. As long as the system is designed for use with your car and properly installed, it shouldn't have any adverse impact on the rest of the vehicle.

·
Vendor
998 Posts
It's illegal, per the Moss Magnuson Warranty Act, for a dealer to void your warranty for ANY aftermarket item unless it can be proven that that item caused the failure for which you're asking for warranty coverage. Let me know if you need more information...some dealers can be mighty insistent and pushy that any mods you do void your entire warranty but that simply isn't true.

To see a full listing of our brand new 2008-2010 Dodge Challenger items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current sales and specials, please click here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.