Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Srt Challenger
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kenne Bell tune. Will that have an affect on my car as to why my cat and o2monitors are not ready?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
If the tuner specifically altered the emissions parameters of the tune, it’s possible the tune is at fault. However, that’s technically illegal since it violates one or more federal statutes to sell a product that intentionally disabled the emissions if the car is to be driven around on public roads.

The emissions monitor will not show Ready until the requisite drive cycles have been observed by the PCM. That can take a while, depending on how you drive the car (and how often).

How long and how many miles since the last reset (tune load, battery disconnect, etc)?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,681 Posts
Probably because your rear O2s have been disabled by raising the ECT so high that they will never go into closed loop. Also, I bet several engine DTCs have been disabled. Had the same problem with my Magnuson SC tune. Basically undid a lot of the changes one by one until I was finally able to get the monitors to complete which took several drive cycle tries.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
Probably because your rear O2s have been disabled by raising the ECT so high that they will never go into closed loop. Also, I bet several engine DTCs have been disabled. Had the same problem with my Magnuson SC tune. Basically undid a lot of the changes one by one until I was finally able to get the monitors to complete which took several drive cycle tries.
Well isn’t that crafty...why break the law when it can be circumvented...loopholed?

That does beg the question, do the outfits that perform this service for their products’ purchasers clearly explain what the results of their changes will be?

I guess the fact that this thread was created tells me that is a “no”

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,681 Posts
Problem is most of the "base" tunes are hacked over and over again. They turn off so many engine diagnostics for no good reason, the fuel injector PW data is usually a hack, nothing is done to the air or VVT tables to minimize light switch effect, and the rear O2s are essentially disabled which is really not required unless maybe if you are running catless which in that case might as well completely disable them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts