Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team A,

I just want to ask you a few questions regarding the catch cans and D.I.P.S Screen.

1. Should I add a Catch Can or an Air-Oil Separator to my SRT392. Would adding a catch can/ air-oil separator, void my warranty?
2. What brand should I go with?
3. Would removing the front light cover for better air inlet void my warrantyt in any way? Is it recommended to add a D.I.P.S Screen after I remove the front light cover (inside one)

Please let me know as I have a scheduled appointment tonight :(

Thanking all in advance.

Alien.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
You shouldn't have any warranty issues at all with the DIPS or Catch Can installed.

I've had a BT catch can on my previous R/TC and my present Scat Pack, and my dealer stated no problem at all with the catch can on either car. Of course every dealer is different, so ask them up front. If they pitch a fit, then you know what fools you are dealing with!

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't have any warranty issues at all with the DIPS or Catch Can installed.

I've had a BT catch can on my previous R/TC and my present Scat Pack, and my dealer stated no problem at all with the catch can on either car. Of course every dealer is different, so ask them up front. If they pitch a fit, then you know what fools you are dealing with!
And would the DIPS Screen help?
Also would the air intake add any performance to the car?

Do you recommend catch can or air-oil separator? Which brand?

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I prefer the "Billet Technologies" can, with the "Z" bracket for the 392. Just my preference.

I also installed the HC air filter bottom box and tube, along with one DIPS. Also stuck an OEM HC filter in it. I don't see any performance difference, but drivability in hot weather seems better, because of a little more ambient air getting to the engine.

Also air inlet temps stay 3-5 degrees above ambient on the road

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
And would the DIPS Screen help?
Also would the air intake add any performance to the car?

Do you recommend catch can or air-oil separator? Which brand?
DIPS Screen helps keep birds and bigger bugs out of your engine bay. I've found a couple of bees stuck to it already (Cannibalism).

The Hellcat Air Intake will help lower intake temperature, which is always good for the longevity of the engine, but I don't think you'll see any performance gains.

I use Speedlogix Catch-can, but I haven't used others so I can't really compare.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DIPS Screen helps keep birds and bigger bugs out of your engine bay. I've found a couple of bees stuck to it already (Cannibalism).

The Hellcat Air Intake will help lower intake temperature, which is always good for the longevity of the engine, but I don't think you'll see any performance gains.

I use Speedlogix Catch-can, but I haven't used others so I can't really compare.
And do we use hell cat air intake tube to re-route the air entering from the front to the engine bay? Or just opening the head lamps from the front, would be good.

How about the smaller bugs and dust and debris? Won't they make the engine bay dirty and unclean?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
And do we use hell cat air intake tube to re-route the air entering from the front to the engine bay? Or just opening the head lamps from the front, would be good.

How about the smaller bugs and dust and debris? Won't they make the engine bay dirty and unclean?
Engine bay was already dusty before I installed it and it isn't looking much dirtier/cleaner than before.

·
Registered
173 Posts

If you're planning on having air actually go to the air box then yes, you need the tube to re rout the air and either the Hellcat air box, or just do what I did and drill a hole and save yourself $90. If you just want air in the engine bay in general then no you don't need the tube. Both holes just open straight the the engine bay.

As for the bugs and dirt, I don't have the DIPS on either side and I haven't noticed much difference at all, and I have both covers removed. And I check my engine bay and air filter pretty often just so I can look at it lol.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're planning on having air actually go to the air box then yes, you need the tube to re rout the air and either the Hellcat air box, or just do what I did and from a hole and save yourself $90. If you just want air in the engine bay in general then no you don't need the tube. Both holes just open straight the the engine bay.
The reason I wanted air tubes because of the rain water not to enter the engine bay directly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The reason I wanted air tubes because of the rain water not to enter the engine bay directly.
No matter what you're going to get water in it. But it's not nearly enough to every actually do anything. As soon as any of it goes in it just goes straight to the bottom to the plastic piece under the car if you have that like me. Unless you're driving through a lake it's not going to actually go anywhere near the engine. And here in SC it down pours and I've never had any problem with puddles or heavy sideways blowing rain. When I first did it I checked every single time it ever rained and I've never had any water where it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're planning on having air actually go to the air box then yes, you need the tube to re rout the air and either the Hellcat air box, or just do what I did and drill a hole and save yourself $90. If you just want air in the engine bay in general then no you don't need the tube. Both holes just open straight the the engine bay.
How and where exactly did you drill the hole ?
Can you walk me through this process of using the air tube and re routing to the air box.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How and where exactly did you drill the hole ?
Can you walk me through this process of using the air tube and re routing to the air box.
This is a quick video I made that just kind of shows it in the car and tells you what you need. I'll do another one tonight after work and actually take the Airbox out and show where exactly the hole needs to be and how it actually looks. But if you wanna do it your self this will tell you what you need to go buy. It cost me like maybe $30 for everything. $40 at the most. But I also bought extra stuff I ended up not needing so it's probably more like $30. I'll put the other one in hereb that's now detailed after I upload it tonight.

https://youtu.be/ss5r3ebS40g

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Alright here's the other video. Would have had it last night but work kept me later than expected. If you actually go to the link I put all of the links for what you need to buy in the description. Hopefully this helps you out more than the other video. It all came out to about $45 now that I actually priced it all out again. Still cheaper than the $90 box and just as efficient.

https://youtu.be/-dRI8crhcH8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts