Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a brand new BT catch can with Z bracket. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the rubber hoses. I was wondering where I can purchases braided lines besides from BT or speedlogix.

Thanks!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Summit or Jegs

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure if you're using 392 covers on the sides of the intake, that you have enough room to run the lines. I bought two braided lines but the left line wouldn't fit under the cover, so I had to use 1 rubber hose for it, while still being able to use the right side braided line.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What size hose do I need? Im looking at Russell Proflex or proclassic... -6 or -8 AN?
AN Hose Sizes / -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -8 -10 -12 -16 -20

AN Hose Size is the Inner Diameter measured in units of a 1/16th of an inch.

-2 hose I.D. = 1/8"
-3 hose I.D. = 3/16"
-4 hose I.D. = 1/4"
-5 hose I.D. = 5/16"
-6 hose I.D. = 3/8"
-8 hose I.D. = 1/2"
-10 hose I.D. = 5/8"
-12 hose I.D. = 3/4"
-16 hose I.D. = 1"
-20 hose I.D. = 1 1/4"

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
wouldn't it have been easier to just give the link to him and help?

here you go
for 10 an fittings which is what the can's come with
when you cut the stuff.. tape the ends before you cut it. and slide your hoseclamp/covers over the hose before you cut, stuff don't cut real well and will want to splinter

they have longer pcs but 3' will more than do for ya.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-230003

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Kudos to us1champ for being so helpful.

You might also try one of your local performance shops. They usually have the braided hose and fittings on site and will cut it to size for you. Just take your catch can and mounting bracket in with you. Good luck......... :5:

Reactions: Sudz

·
Registered
519 Posts
You might also try one of your local performance shops. They usually have the braided hose and fittings on site and will cut it to size for you. Good luck......... :5:.
do you have a link?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I didn’t know the size because I never measured it. I was too busy at the time to head down into my basement, find my calipers, pop my hood, pull the hoses, and measure it for him.

Apparently helping someone on here includes looking up the parts for them. DIY and learn. That's why 80% of the people on here don’t know how to change their own oil then ***** that the dealership scratched their car. :notallthere:

Reactions: vichris

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
while i don't disagree with you to a point.. you know the search feature sucks on here.

i know what it is like trying to find out info on stuff and not sure what i am looking...

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
do you have a link?
DIY.......... :5:

I didn’t know the size because I never measured it. I was too busy at the time to head down into my basement, find my calipers, pop my hood, pull the hoses, and measure it for him.

Apparently helping someone on here includes looking up the parts for them. DIY and learn. That's why 80% of the people on here don’t know how to change their own oil then ***** that the dealership scratched their car. :notallthere:
Well Sudz that was the point of my post.....go find a local shop and do some of the work himself..... bust some knuckles and you learn much more about your car that way, plus he helps support the local economy. I don't think anyone here meant to offend you......sorry if it came off that way.....peace :icon_wink: ........... :5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts