Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my catch can from speedlogix this week and ran into some difficulty installing it. I've attached a photo for reference. The can is supposed to bolt onto the bolt where the red arrow is pointing. However, the air intake is in the way circled in green. This is my 2014 RT Classic. 5.7L. Any ideas?

·
Registered
130 Posts
good Excuse to buy a cold air intake. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
You should look into buying a Z bracket. It might correct the problem.. Maybe contact seller and see if they can help you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent Speedlogix an email. And the CAI idea definitely crossed my mind. It would solve the problem for sure.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
So I just got my catch can from speedlogix this week and ran into some difficulty installing it. I've attached a photo for reference. The can is supposed to bolt onto the bolt where the red arrow is pointing. However, the air intake is in the way circled in green. This is my 2014 RT Classic. 5.7L. Any ideas?https://www.challengertalk.com/media/20200208_101857-jpg.57115/full
Buy a Charger intake tube. It doesn't have the "goiter." Problem solved, and a little more intake growl too.

Did this to my previous '10.

13674.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
So I just got my catch can from speedlogix this week and ran into some difficulty installing it. I've attached a photo for reference. The can is supposed to bolt onto the bolt where the red arrow is pointing. However, the air intake is in the way circled in green. This is my 2014 RT Classic. 5.7L. Any ideas?

View attachment 986672
I mounted mine on the fender, and only needed longer hoses to do so, but I did it for other reasons. You can purchase just the tube for the Mopar cold air intake from Steve White Motors, which is really good looking. Here is mine before I installed the Magnuson.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
140 Posts
Yeah the “goiter” as 19johned53 said is usually designed as a sound baffle for the intake and air box to reduce intake noise under WOT accelerations. This can replaced with a straight intake pipe for more growl and better air flow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buy a Charger intake tube. It doesn't have the "goiter." Problem solved, and a little more intake growl too.

Did this to my previous '10.

View attachment 986647
Awesome, I think this is the answer. Thanks!
I mounted mine on the fender, and only needed longer hoses to do so, but I did it for other reasons. You can purchase just the tube for the Mopar cold air intake from Steve White Motors, which is really good looking. Here is mine before I installed the Magnuson.

View attachment 986677

View attachment 986678
I like the way that looks. Do you happen to have the part number?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,792 Posts
FYI there are other catch can set-ups that avoid having to get CAI or special brackets. Not inexpensive but so are most CAI. I think Luke runs this setup on big red.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts
Awesome, I think this is the answer. Thanks!

I like the way that looks. Do you happen to have the part number?
Luke at Steve White has it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts