Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would my catch can stop filling up all by itself?
i got a Kenne Bell can

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hose is good they use a oil seperator, i think it might be cloged. i got take it apart but it's to dam cold to work on it

·
Registered
105 Posts
the hose is good they use a oil seperator, i think it might be cloged. i got take it apart but it's to dam cold to work on it

Haven't had that problem yet and have 12K miles on it. All I :guiness: know is that damm system has sucked two gallons of oil out of my car.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I was just having this conversation with some Challenger owners yesterday. The last time I emptied my catch can it was completely full (5k miles). The time before it had maybe 1/2" of oil in the bottom of the can with the same amount of miles. I think it all depends on how you have been driving it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was just having this conversation with some Challenger owners yesterday. The last time I emptied my catch can it was completely full (5k miles). The time before it had maybe 1/2" of oil in the bottom of the can with the same amount of miles. I think it all depends on how you have been driving it.
Do you have a blower? They system on a KB will normally fill up every 2 tanks of gas or so

5,134 Posts
The PCV hose on the "CAI" on my truck had a habit of freezing (the condensation would accumulate and freeze). I went through a couple of valve cover gaskets before I caught on. Maybe something is clogged.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks, I am glad I saw this post. It reminded me to go check the oil in my wife's 300C. Since I don't drive it I often forget about it.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a blower? They system on a KB will normally fill up every 2 tanks of gas or so
yes the 2.8LC it used to fill up at least ever 10 days

·
Registered
105 Posts
No, however, the same theory applies. Could be how hard the car has been driven lately.
I would agree if we were not about a KB they suck oil if you want it to or not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts