Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. Installing my BT catch can on my '14 R/T tonight. Im curious as to what form of witchcraft and/or sorcery you had to use to get the aftermarket PCV hose on?

I have literally been in the garage for the better part of an hour trying. I lubed up the inside of the hoses with a bit of oil and I push/twist with all my strength and can only get the hose to go on all of maybe 1/4". This is the braided hose from BilletTech. The factory hose was on so damn tight that I actually had to use a box cutter to get them off.

Just looking for any pointers you may have. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My stainless steel braided hoses went on without any problems. Little bit of oil helped. Try putting the end you are having problems with, into boiling water for a few minutes. My hoses were not BT hoses.

Reactions: Locko

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Here is what mine looks like. I also replaced my original air intake with a 2011 Charger air intake without the muffler, so I can install my catch can on the front.

Attachments

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Hey everyone. Installing my BT catch can on my '14 R/T tonight. Im curious as to what form of witchcraft and/or sorcery you had to use to get the aftermarket PCV hose on?

I have literally been in the garage for the better part of an hour trying. I lubed up the inside of the hoses with a bit of oil and I push/twist with all my strength and can only get the hose to go on all of maybe 1/4". This is the braided hose from BilletTech. The factory hose was on so damn tight that I actually had to use a box cutter to get them off.

Just looking for any pointers you may have. Thanks.
Are you talking about the rubber part that goes onto the intake manifold.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Im am talking about the rubber part of the hose that goes onto the intake.

When I had my catch can on my Charger years ago, I ordered the speedlogix braided line kit. Boy, did I make a mistake using these BT lines. They look like garbage and are a complete PitA to install.

Ill try boiling the end and see if it works.

EDIT

Boiling did nothing. In fact, i had less luck getting it on while boiled. Here is what I am talking about:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I FINALLY got them on. I had to forgo using their satin hose ends completely. With them over the end of the PCV hose, I couldn't even grip the damn hose to try and move it up.

So after boiling the ends of the hoses probably 20 times each and lubing using oil 30+ times, I got them on using gloves, vice grips and a lot of swear words.

If anyone else comes across this post and is getting a catch can from them, GET DIFFERENT HOSES. As a supported of BT since 2008 this was a miserable fail for one of their products. I will be ordering a braided kit from speedlogix very soon.

BT - if you read this - you REALLY need to rethink charging $40 for these awful hoses and satin ends.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I just used the supplied regular (nobraided) free BT hoses. Granted, they're not fancy looking, but they did install without issue.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Ok, I FINALLY got them on. I had to forgo using their satin hose ends completely. With them over the end of the PCV hose, I couldn't even grip the damn hose to try and move it up.

So after boiling the ends of the hoses probably 20 times each and lubing using oil 30+ times, I got them on using gloves, vice grips and a lot of swear words.

If anyone else comes across this post and is getting a catch can from them, GET DIFFERENT HOSES. As a supported of BT since 2008 this was a miserable fail for one of their products. I will be ordering a braided kit from speedlogix very soon.

BT - if you read this - you REALLY need to rethink charging $40 for these awful hoses and satin ends.
You had it easier than the 6.1 owners. The PCV connection on the 6.1 is on an angle along the manifold with no room to wiggle or push.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I installed mine yesterday and used Speedlogix braided hoses, they were a bit of a PITA. I did use lube but found that when I went to push the hoses on, the inner edge of the hose would catch the lip of connection to the intake and roll inward. This made it impossible to push the hose on all the way

I used a special socket I have that is tapered to reform the hose end correctly and stretch it a little. This did the trick and the ends slipped on easily.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts