Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to get a catch can for 14 R/T, everything under the hood right now is stock, so am I correct in thinking that the catch can must be fender mounted? At present I have the engine cover on but may swap it out for half covers just not right now.

If I'm right does anyone have any pics of a fender mounted catch can?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
You can do it one of two ways, the fender mount will enable you to keep the engine cover installed...here is a pic of this installed as well as details
UPR Billet Oil Catch Can w/ Fender Bracket 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300 3.6L, 5.7L, 6.1L, 6.4L/392

The other option is the standard mount which fits on the same engine bolt that the z bracket mounts to, but instead of the z bracket it mounts directly to the thread on the engine block. This mounts the can a little lower so many fold opt for the fender bracket for ease of emptying the can. The z bracket will not work with the engine cover so don't go that route.

If you want a standard mount can select here
UPR Billet Oil Catch Can 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L, 6.1L

We have both options in stock in satin, black or polished finish

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I bought the BT catch can and mounted it to the existing engine bolt (no Z bracket). I then replaced the PVC black rubber hoses with stainless braided hoses. I did have to trim the passenger side engine cover where the hoses come out to meet the catch can. Love the Dremel tool. I also had to use the original 90* degree elbow to make the shorter hose not push up on the engine cover. It is slightly tight for me to get my hand underneath to remove the can, but it really isn't a problem (only when hot). *** Also I bought a 2011 Charger air duct ($85) to get rid of the muffler (sometimes referred to as THE WART). The wart blocks the install on the engine bolt. If you are planning on getting a CAI, then do it it all at once. CAI doesn't have the wart. Here are my best photos. Hope it helps give you some ideas on what you like best.

Attachments

Reactions: Chally32

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
I had the catch can fender mounted, but it just barely fit, and was actually harder to remove it and empty it, compared to the front mount. Get the Charger intake, and boom, you can fit the catch can on the front.:guiness:
catchcan.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

Reactions: Chally32

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
One other note if you have the oem air box with silencer you will also want to go with the fender mount as well

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know I'm reviving an older topic, but didn't I see someone made a drain for the catch cans? So this would eliminate removal?

I want to stay as stock as possible, yet what I change I will keep so that I can go back to original later. Bought mine as a collector item and a weekend toy...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I know I'm reviving an older topic, but didn't I see someone made a drain for the catch cans? So this would eliminate removal?

I want to stay as stock as possible, yet what I change I will keep so that I can go back to original later. Bought mine as a collector item and a weekend toy...

Yes the UPR cans we carry that I linked above have optional drains, and can also still be unscrewed as well.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,366 Posts
What's the likelihood that a Catch Can ordered for a 2014 will fit the 2015.

I've ordered a '15 and want to have the Can waiting in the garage when I bring my new baby home for the first time.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I've ordered a '15 and want to have the Can waiting in the garage when I bring my new baby home for the first time.

Yes it will fit, I went with an Arrington catch can and will work on both 5.7s and 392s.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Moroso CC has a drain valve on the bottom of it.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
What's eta on shipping to Texas? I have a 350 mile trip next Sunday, each way. Have to take the challenger as my truck will be in the shop for a while. I'll order it tomorrow morning when I get to work.

Ground shipping should be a few days to get to you

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts

Should work with no issue. Does not appear to be many changes that should affect mounting.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Old thread but just thought I'd mention it. If you have your stock air box but are using half covers instead of the large snow sled, you can use a BT "z" bracket with no issue.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Ordered it today. Hopefully I get it by Friday. I also ordered the braided black lines and black connectors to make it as hidden and stock as possible.

It will be on its way tomorrow am, so usually 2-3 days to TX so it may get there on or before Friday. Depends on USPS

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I need this too

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have the factory resonated airbox/intake tube on my 2012 R/T, so I figured that only the fender mount application would work for me unless I removed the resonator/silencer.

However, a member on here (whose name I do not recall) pointed out that the Z-bracket mount works with the resonator in place. I moved my setup from the fender to the Z-bracket and, sure enough, it definitely works & fits. I think it's much cleaner looking.

P.S. I have 392-style half covers-----the Z-bracket will not work with the factory engine cover in place.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts